Playa Fiesta Weddings

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, congrats to everyone who is booking! You will not regret it. The biggest stress was booking the rooms, but it was worth it. And although it's not an all-inclusive, it almost is so it works great.

Originally Posted by sarahbenson10 View Post

I have also booked at PF for the first week in June 2011 (fingers crossed for no rain).

Does anyone have any advice on officiants? Did you use one of the reccomendations or bring your own?

Thanks!

Sarah

Hi Sarah, there are two officiants associated with the resort. This is one of the planning step that you go through with Lindsay. Otherwise you can have a friend / relative / whoever you want do the ceremony. We used Lucie, one of the ones associated with the resort. She was lovely and speaks French, which was perfect for us. But because I wrote the entire ceremony, I did feel that it was a lot to pay to have someone just read it - having someone close to me do it would have been a better option (had I had a bigger group).

Originally Posted by ives View Post

Congrats again Magalie! Your blog is awesome and your wedding pics turned out gorgeous!

It's been awhile since I've searched this forum but do any of you former PF brides have suggestions for the food/beverage stations and what is your advice on the nights/days to have them on?

We did the Mexican BBQ for the rehearsal dinner. It's to die for. Just amazing! We added the churros as a desert afterward. We did the fajita dinner for the goodbye dinner. We had the margarita bar as a "welcome cocktail" thing and it was fun, it's completely different than their regular margaritas. Our wedding dinner was custom-designed by us. Everything we ate was amazing, from the regular menu too. Believe everything they say about the tacos for 2 - except that it's more for 4! I wish I could eat that all the time :)

Originally Posted by kmc0425 View Post

I am so excited!!! I just paid the deposit for Playa Fiesta for my wedding March 2011!!!! I wasn't sure if it should be there or at Dreams PV or Velas PV, but after reading (a LOT) reviews and chatting with Lindsay...my fiance Allen and I decided Playa Fiesta just FELT right! I am sure, after reading many of your reviews in this forum, talking with Lindsay and Adam is so easy and things just go smoothly. Having a destination wedding...this is soooo important! 

There are details that I do get a little worried about...filling up hotel for a full take over...guests attending who are used to a typical "all-inclusive" resort and having scheduled meals...it being further then the city then other resorts...but all-in-all, from the moment I stumbled across this hotel, it just felt right. I love the idea of it being more intimate and being surrounded completely by family and friends...it will be truly special!

That being said - I am so super excited and cannot WAIT til the big day!! Let the planning begin!!

pinkie.gifcheer2.gifwoot.gifcheers.gif

I know what you mean! And the resort really isn't far, you can hop on a local bus / taxi and get into town in like 5 minutes! It is so intimate and so worth it, you won't regret it!

Oops sorry about that, it's Kelli! :)

smile03.gif

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as Allen and I move forward planning details with Lindsay, but for right now we're happy to have picked the destination...and kinda absorbing the shock of the contract. We are doing a 4-night, full take over and on paper it's a bit scary seeing the big chunk of change all at once! Also, was it a concern for anyone else having guests eating at set times...and not having the option like other "all-inclusive" places where you eat as you please?

Hmm..

Other then that - couldn't be happier!! So thank you all for sharing so much with all of us newbies so we are able to make better infomed choices!! Y'all ROCK smile72.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate.com View Post

Congrats girls! kmc0425 what is your first name?!. I am so excited for both of you. Let us know if we can help at all!

Thank you Magalie! I hadn't researched the distances yet, but seeing this is a big relief! It can be difficult choosing a place, and ultimately taking a leap of faith when booking a wedding in an area you haven't been before. So all of the information you, and others have shared has helped tremendously! 

Also, you have an amazing bog and the pics turned out great! :)

Originally Posted by mlabbe View Post

I know what you mean! And the resort really isn't far, you can hop on a local bus / taxi and get into town in like 5 minutes! It is so intimate and so worth it, you won't regret it!

Kelli, there wasn't a problem with everyone eating at the same time. I did find the meal was a little early for us, but we were able to push it back after talking to Lindsay. They are very flexible. I also found that some people showed up a little later than others, since it's buffet-style it doesn't matter if they aren't exactly on time!

Hi all! 

Hi Kelli! - congrats on booking at PF! I was scared too when you see that big total on the contract and I've also booked without visiting but all these brides like Magalie and Kate write so many wonderful details about this place it's hard to think it is a bad choice!

We've ended up actually picking Welcome Dinner for the first night , Mexican BBQ the next night with Fried Ice Cream and Puerto Vallarta dinner on the rehearsal night with Churros. 

For the welcome dinner night  we might end up with the Margarita bar as Melissa (wedding planner) had mentioned that guacamole is complimentary on the first night arrival. But I've also enquired about Mexican wedding cookies -- we might do it as a station or possibly as wedding favours.....they said they could do three diff flavours: guava, lemon or traditional with nuts.

Has anyone had mexican wedding cookies before?

I did not try the wedding cookies... I think it is a cute idea for a favour.

AS far as the meal times and not being a traditional all inclusive. This was a big source of stress for me... but it ended up not being an issue. Same as the room assignment situation: it'll all work out!