Photo

Maggie Sottero RD1044 Destination dress...thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 lrfriendly

lrfriendly
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:54 AM

I saw this dress 3 weeks ago. Is is very pretty and perfect for a destination wedding!!!
    33 Booked!!

#32 bellame00

bellame00
    • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:03 PM

I have had the mag ad tear in my wedding binder since Dec! I really wanted to order it, it was listed at $799, but I found an unbelievable deal on another gown that is very pretty as well. So I'm biting my tongue and say oh well.

#33 big3n09

big3n09
      • 616 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

This is on my try on list, love it!!!
        4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#34 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
        • Banned
        • 3,479 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

i am changing my bridal appointments to go to another salon to make sure I try this dress on. It is sooo beautiful!

#35 keilag

keilag
          • 190 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

I am in love with Maggies SD5230 but I can find anywhere that has it to try on

#36 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
            • Banned
            • 3,479 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Ladies I tried on this dress and it didn't look as amazing on as it did in the magazine. It could have been because the sample size was small too small on my hips, but the flowers kind of dominate your shoulder. I am doing a hair flower, no question, and if I had gone with this dress the hair flower and shoulder flowers would have been too much. I think it would look better on a taller person, I am only 5' 5" and it just didn't look right on me.

#37 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:49 PM

Same here, I was IN LOVE with this dress when I saw it and was convinced that it was "the dress" then I tried it on...I'm pretty short on 5'3" and it made me look stumpy and pregnant. It was flowly but I felt heavy in it none the less. Given the sample was a 10 and I'm a 2 so there was a lot extra, I think the right size would've still made me feel like I was drowing in the dress.
                It's still a gorgeous dress, I just wouldn't recommend it for short people :)

#38 WAJA2009

WAJA2009
                • 60 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

Okay well my dress FINALLY CAME IN. At first I didn't love it because like some of you said, the flowers dominate my shoulders, but since the flowers are detachable (thank God) I opted to just place the flowers right underneath the bust area. It's gorgeous this way and now I love the dress.

Its very fitting, yet flowy at the same time, perfect for the beach.

I will post pics tonight so you guys can see.

#39 jennyjean7

jennyjean7
                  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

Can you post some pic's since no one has seen this on a "real" person yet? :-P

#40 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
                    • 354 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

The dress is absolutely stunning!!! Can't wait to see pics!
                      - Grace
                      Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                      Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                      Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                      Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users