Photo

Favors

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

What are you ladies doing for favors at the reception.. I have no clue what to do. I am making OOT bags for eveyone so I have thought about forgoing favors but I dunno.. would love some input!

#2 StarAndJay

StarAndJay
    • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

Originally we were doing OOT bags.. When we added up all the expenses of the bags and thought about it a little more (guests prob not using everything we put in the bags anyways) we decided to skip the OOT Bags.
      We are now doing travel mugs. There is a lot of input regarding travel mugs on this forum which helped sway our decision.

#3 mich999

mich999
      • 386 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

I am not doing reception favors (unless you consider silk fans for the ceremony a favor!). We are doing OOT bags.

#4 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
        • 170 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

I'm doing mini oot bags, but for the reception I'm just doing loveheart sweets for everyone

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

We're giving a donation to My Vision Foundation in each person's name. We'll give everyone a keychain from the foundation with a note on it explaining this. We're doing OOT bags as well.

#6 amee

amee
            • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

We're also doing donations. My current plan is to print small cards with a choice of 3 or 4 charity organizations that are special to us and our families. We'll have someone collect the cards and make the appropriate donations. If cards get lost, we'll just divide equally..Initially I was looking for some reputable organizations to donate to in Jamaica, but haven't spent a lot of time looking. We're planning on doing OOT bags w/ little bottles of rum, coffee, suntan lotion etc..

#7 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
              • 279 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

We are just doing OOT bags.. we spent a lot on those, so we are skipping the reception favors

#8 sarah.cullen

sarah.cullen
                • 90 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

We haven't decided to do anything reg. favours as it'll just be ourselves & our son there, might change our minds nearer the time, if you have a big group going then maybe I would but if its small, I personally wouldn't bother.

Sarah x

#9 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

I am just doing OOT bags, inside I am placing travel mugs and a personalized CD of our fav island music plus the usual OOT bag stuff!
                    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#10 montegobay09

montegobay09
                    • 832 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

We had planned on doing OOT/Welcome bags and then realized how expensive it was getting all that stuff plus favors. Then I found this site Party Flops and fell in love with the personalized flip flops. So instead of doing a total OOT bag and then favours we decided to give the very basic (sunscreen, antibacterial lotion, scented tea lights) oot bags with the flip flops in them too and then not do favors at the reception. I think they'll enjoy the gift more if they get them at the beginning of their trip.

For our AHR we are making a donation in our guests' names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users