Photo

Witnesses

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

I am getting married at ROR in April and my sister is my MOH and I am wondering if anyone knows if she can sign the wedding certificate and be my witness, I know some places dont let immidiate family be a witness.. has anyone had immidiate family sign for them at ROR!!??

Thanks

#2 tina82

tina82
    • 184 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

I read in the ROR FAQ ( Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu) the it cant be a family member, but I can no longer find that. Maybe e-mail Chandlyn and find out.
      Christina

#3 sarah.cullen

sarah.cullen
      • 90 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hi Jill

I asked Chandlyn a while ago could my fiance's sister & brother be witnesses, she replied it was no problem, unfortunately due to the economy downturn they are no longer coming.
        Email her & see what she says, I thought it would be ok unless they've changed their requirements recently.

Good luck, I see you're getting married the 22nd Apr, we'll be married on the 3rd April but will be leaving the 14th Apr.

Sarah x

#4 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
        • 456 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

I also read on the website that it cannot be someone that is related to either you or your FI. I don't really understand why it can't be...

#5 Anna83

Anna83
          • 288 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

We just got married at ROR. We had my brother and DH's sister sign the certificate. Nobody ever even asked if they were related to us, it wasn't an issue.

#6 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
            • 215 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

I remember reading that before our wedding and asked the same question!! You can (and we did) have my husband's brother sign our marriage license. You can be related to your witnesses. No worries!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users