How far in advance?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StarAndJay

• 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

How far in advance should I be contacting some of the vendors prior to our wedding? We are getting married in May I need to get the flowers and photography taken care of. Just wasnt sure if I should be doing this now or if it was too soon.

#2 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hey Date twin!! I would start now. If you are using the resort photog with the free package, you would want to make yourself known to him. If you are going with one of the other packages, I think your time will be blocked. If you need more time though, you would want to tell him.

I am using an outside photog and I had to book him 3-4 months ago.

I also used silk flowers, so I booked that in November.
      My TA has the contact info for cakes/flowers, so I just have to send her pics and she takes care of the rest.

#3 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
      • 2,171 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

Welcome to the forum! If I can help, let me know! =)

#4 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:47 AM

If you wanna compare pricing or are particular about things you may want to start a bit early.
          I set up my photography with Michael prior to leaving for jamaica (i believe it was a month in advance) but I waited to order my flowers at my meeting with Chandlyn.

#5 StarAndJay

• 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for the great info! I was able to reach the WC and start to set everything up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users