So I thought I had really decided on the Moon Palace, but now after reading lots of posts I am realizing that I have chosen one of the most expensive resorts for guests. I need to do a little more research because some of my most important guests do not know how to budget and save money. I was hoping people would be willing to share their resorts and what kind of group rates they received. Thanks lots!

We are getting married at the Gran Bahia on the Akumal side and our guests are paying around $1500 for 8 days and just under $1000 for 5 days.

Silly me I thought by having it at MP I would be saving my guest money. Guess I was wrong. That means I need to start the search again. Thanks for starting this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcz0702 View Post
We are getting married at the Gran Bahia on the Akumal side and our guests are paying around $1500 for 8 days and just under $1000 for 5 days.
I was just looking at their website. From what I read it is all inclusive except dinner….is that right? What about alcohol? How much are you paying for your wedding package? I looked at their packages but did not see any prices. One more question….does you travel agent work with people out of state? If so would you mind sending me her/his contact info.

Thanks for your help!

Hi my sister got married at the Moon palace it was PRICEY i paid 1300 for 6 days. mind you my flight was only 250 the rest was the hotel stay. Its a great hotel but pricey. I am actually thinking of picking the Gran Bahia Tulum for my wedding. Can anyone give me feedback?

The way that helped me to narrow down resorts based on price, i did this on my own, was going on a cheapcaribbean.com or apple vacations website and doing a search of all hotels in the Riviera Maya around the time you want to get married. You'll get the prices of all resorts, be careful b/c sometimes there are extra costs, and then you'll have an idea of how much each resort can cost you so you can just cross off resorts that you think is too high for your guest to be paying.

I'm getting married at MP in May. While it is more expensive than some of the other resorts I really liked all of the "freebies" that were offered. My guests can essentially stay for a week there without having any out of pocket expenses (except of tips). When you add in the cost of tours, food for none AIs, and a lot of off resort trips it can get really expensive. Do some price comparisons, if you find a place that you like price the rooms but also try to factor in the cost of other amenities and see what you come up with!

I'm also getting married at the Moon Palace and we have 30 guests booked already. We chose the MP only because FI's uncle has "timeshare" there and had given us our trip & hotel stay for a wedding present. Our guests did comment on the price, but after I explained that it is a 5+ star resort and it's AI, they warmed up to the idea. Obviously, because we have more guests than we expected now :) I mean EVERYTHING is included there.. plus free tours and alot of little extras.. they go the extra mile. You definately get what you pay for.