Jump to content

Photo

March 2010??


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 taratoons

taratoons
  • Newbie
  • 123 posts

    Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

    Hi everyone!

    Although I am looking at April 2010, I was just reading some of the posts here, and since I'm recently engaged and newly planning a destination wedding, I am quite confused! When I started planning, I thought the sequence of events would be this: Find out package prices for resorts, narrow down list of resorts, visit resorts, choose resort, book your group, THEN book your wedding date with the resort. I'm just confused because I see that many of you have booked your wedding date with the resort, and I don't think the package prices for spring 2010 have been released yet? Because the price that my guests have to pay will play a MAJOR part in what resort I eventually book, I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing? Are you booking the wedding, then just crossing your fingers and hoping rates don't sky-rocket by the time the package prices are released? As I've said, I'm new to this, quite confused, and hope that you guys can give me some insight!

    Thanks and happy planning! :0)

    #22 taratoons

    taratoons
    • Newbie
    • 123 posts

      Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

      Hi everyone!

      Although I am looking at April 2010, I was just reading some of the posts here, and since I'm recently engaged and newly planning a destination wedding, I am quite confused! When I started planning, I thought the sequence of events would be this: Find out package prices for resorts, narrow down list of resorts, visit resorts, choose resort, book your group, THEN book your wedding date with the resort. I'm just confused because I see that many of you have booked your wedding date with the resort, and I don't think the package prices for spring 2010 have been released yet? Because the price that my guests have to pay will play a MAJOR part in what resort I eventually book, I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing? Are you booking the wedding, then just crossing your fingers and hoping rates don't sky-rocket by the time the package prices are released? As I've said, I'm new to this, quite confused, and hope that you guys can give me some insight!

      Thanks and happy planning! :0)

      PS - Why am I listed as "Lurker" when I post on here? I did sign up to the site!!!!

      #23 iwantadreamswedding

      iwantadreamswedding
      • Jr. Member
      • 327 posts

        Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lindsay521
        Hi Girls!!
        Would anyone be interested in sharing a photographer for their wedding in March 2010, preferably March 17 - March 31. I am getting married March 28 2010 and planning on booking Michael Steingard. Not sure if anyone is familiar with Phil Steingard but he is a big wedding photographer in the DR and Michael is his nephew and his pictures are just beautiful. His website is MICHAEL STEINGARD
        If we can get a few brides around that time frame he will be able to cut us all a really good deal so let me know!!
        man, if only you were getting married in july. i'd be all over it. good luck, hope you find some other brides.

        #24 shellk

        shellk
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,784 posts

          Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

          hi,
          i get married feb 2010 at riu palace riviera maya - mexico.i am waiting for my confirmed date still which i should get this week. so i have,nt done that much yet.as soon as i get this i want to start my dress search.i have booked our party for our friends+family when we get home.

          we went to riu bachata on holiday 2yrs ago.have you been there already?its a great hotel you will love it.the best thing i remember is how helpful the staff were.

          you sound like you got most things sorted.i am soooo excited.

          #25 BeachyIrishBride

          BeachyIrishBride
          • Newbie
          • 12 posts

            Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

            Hi msemi305 (Marcie?)

            Its great that you were able to book your dates! I've had the same thing happen before when I went to book a trip many years back and didn't have flexible dates. I am actually getting married at RIU Palace in Punta Cana and am just waiting for the rates to become available in May/June. I spoke with a representative from RIU on the phone a couple weekends ago and he mentioned that the rates from 2009 for the same months probably won't increase too much for 2010 dates - especially with the economic downfall. I was looking at different flights because not all our guests will come for an entire week and Air Canada (if you're in Edmonton) seems to have a lot of flights scheduled but supposedly there is a possibility they will go bankrupt.
            Anyhow, I'm actually an event planner/designer in Ottawa so am doing lots of unique things for my own wedding. If you need any ideas or good resources let me know, I'd be happy to help!

            Marcie.

            #26 BeachyIrishBride

            BeachyIrishBride
            • Newbie
            • 12 posts

              Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by taratoons
              Hi everyone!

              Although I am looking at April 2010, I was just reading some of the posts here, and since I'm recently engaged and newly planning a destination wedding, I am quite confused! When I started planning, I thought the sequence of events would be this: Find out package prices for resorts, narrow down list of resorts, visit resorts, choose resort, book your group, THEN book your wedding date with the resort. I'm just confused because I see that many of you have booked your wedding date with the resort, and I don't think the package prices for spring 2010 have been released yet? Because the price that my guests have to pay will play a MAJOR part in what resort I eventually book, I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing? Are you booking the wedding, then just crossing your fingers and hoping rates don't sky-rocket by the time the package prices are released? As I've said, I'm new to this, quite confused, and hope that you guys can give me some insight!

              Thanks and happy planning! :0)

              PS - Why am I listed as "Lurker" when I post on here? I did sign up to the site!!!!
              Hi Taratoons
              I completely understand your confusion. From other information I've received your best bet is to either book your vacation with a travel agent as a package deal or to book a night at your hotel of choice. The RIU chain seems to bee quite desirable given that you can purchase any number of nights (although flight schedules will play a part in that of course). Personally, I'm going for the RIU palace in Punta Cana but the RIU chain globally is quite good. With RIU you can look on their site to see what average nightly rates are and then look at various airlines to see average flight costs so you can come up with an approximate costs for stays at different hotels. You should also be able to go to a travel agent and tell them a budget per person and they should be able to suggest hotels for you. Depending on where you go you should be able to get a good enough price. Also, I just noticed you're in Ottawa - as am I. A good place to go may be Handa Travel in Billings Bridge Plaza - or sometimes even Sears travel can be pretty good oddly enough.
              Anyhow, I'm also an Ottawa Event Planner/Designer so if you want any good resources just let me know! I'm designing my own invitations (but very different from your average invitation) but if you want any ideas for something that is destination I'm here to help!

              Best of luck and let me know how your progress goes.

              Marcie.

              #27 BeachyIrishBride

              BeachyIrishBride
              • Newbie
              • 12 posts

                Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by shellk
                hi,
                i get married feb 2010 at riu palace riviera maya - mexico.i am waiting for my confirmed date still which i should get this week. so i have,nt done that much yet.as soon as i get this i want to start my dress search.i have booked our party for our friends+family when we get home.

                we went to riu bachata on holiday 2yrs ago.have you been there already?its a great hotel you will love it.the best thing i remember is how helpful the staff were.

                you sound like you got most things sorted.i am soooo excited.
                Hello

                How were you able to book your wedding date with the Hotel? I'm also going to RIU palace (Punta Cana) but was told to wait until May. I would love to get it done though sooner rather than later.

                many thanks

                #28 taratoons

                taratoons
                • Newbie
                • 123 posts

                  Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

                  Thank you so much BeachyIrishBride! I will definitely keep you in mind for any further planning, since you are based in the O-Dot, like me. :0)

                  So are you booking your flights, and then also booking nights with the resort, separately, instead of a pre-packaged vacation? Are you doing a week-long vacation, or are you just doing 4 days or something? Do you have to arrange your own transfers from the airport to the hotel then?

                  Again, any further information is greatly appreciated. I feel like no big decisions can be made until prices get released!! :0S

                  #29 msemi305

                  msemi305
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 162 posts

                    Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BeachyIrishBride
                    Hi msemi305 (Marcie?)

                    Its great that you were able to book your dates! I've had the same thing happen before when I went to book a trip many years back and didn't have flexible dates. I am actually getting married at RIU Palace in Punta Cana and am just waiting for the rates to become available in May/June. I spoke with a representative from RIU on the phone a couple weekends ago and he mentioned that the rates from 2009 for the same months probably won't increase too much for 2010 dates - especially with the economic downfall. I was looking at different flights because not all our guests will come for an entire week and Air Canada (if you're in Edmonton) seems to have a lot of flights scheduled but supposedly there is a possibility they will go bankrupt.
                    Anyhow, I'm actually an event planner/designer in Ottawa so am doing lots of unique things for my own wedding. If you need any ideas or good resources let me know, I'd be happy to help!

                    Marcie.
                    Hey Beachy Irish Bride...
                    Yeah I am hoping that the rates go down...it would be super awesome if they did but only time will tell. As for Air Canada going bankrupt I just can't see that happening...they are or only major airline and if they did it would affect so many cities that companies like West Jet don't travel, it should be interesting. I am an event planner as well I would love to see some of your idea and such...and always looking for unique ideas...

                    Cheers

                    #30 ~*DiAnE*~

                    ~*DiAnE*~
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,418 posts

                      Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lindsay521
                      Hi Girls!!
                      Would anyone be interested in sharing a photographer for their wedding in March 2010, preferably March 17 - March 31. I am getting married March 28 2010 and planning on booking Michael Steingard. Not sure if anyone is familiar with Phil Steingard but he is a big wedding photographer in the DR and Michael is his nephew and his pictures are just beautiful. His website is MICHAEL STEINGARD
                      If we can get a few brides around that time frame he will be able to cut us all a really good deal so let me know!!

                      Wow - his photos are very beautiful!! Actually we are wanting to get married right around that time!! We are not really picky on the date just hoping for some time in March 2010. If I can get something lined up - I will definitely let you know and would be very interested in sharing with you :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users