Ceremony and Reception Decoration Ideas for DR?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CObride2009

• 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hello fellow DWers!

Our wedding is planned for May 1st, 2009 at the Dreams Punta Cana Resort and Spa with about 30-40 guests. I have chosen the colors Fuchsia/Aqua Blue/Spring Green for the wedding and am trying to figure out what decorations to bring with me for the ceremony and reception that are simple, easy to take with us and affordable.... yet elegant and beachy. Since we have such a long ways to travel (and we're packing for a 2 week vacation) I am trying to gather ideas that are inexpensive and transportable. Any thoughts or ideas on this?! What are you all doing?!

#2 tania809

• 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

I personally would go into their town of Higuey and buy some typical paintings or something very small to give to guests. I hope that helps!

#3 rdhbride

• 313 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

saw these awesome lights that can be submerged in water so was thinking of having them put them on the vases to add light and decor. where are you having your recpetion. we just got back from meeting with sharon one of the coordinators at dreams, she was lovely. they pretty much can acomadate anything. we are trying to keep all to a minimum with traveling with things.

#4 gofeden

• 80 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Also, there are these water beads that I bought for my centerpeices. They are super easy to pack and a great option. All you have to do is take these tiny beads, put them in water and they grow! They are really cool and everyone was pretty amazed by them.

You can add flowers/and or candles to these, as well...
          Jelena and Bojan
          January 3, 2009

#5 gofeden

• 80 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:00 AM

Wedding Centerpiece Ideas to Impress Your Guests | Canadian Bridal
            Jelena and Bojan
            January 3, 2009

#6 boven

• 193 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

Check out Wedding Decorations - Paper Lanterns - Parasols - Fans - Candle Holders, they have some cool stuff

#7 DTHSLove

• 347 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

I'm also looking for ideas. Dont want too much weight to carry down..

#8 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

I bought blue candle holders, those colored rocks in blue and clear and small starfish and I am just going to spread them all in the center of the tables. There will be white table cloths on the tables and the tables will be long so all the way down the center.

#9 Jnadair

• 186 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the great ideas...very helpful!

#10 cdc150

• 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

great ideas, ladies! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users