Photo

2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#331 kateg527

kateg527
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the advice/encouragement ladies! I know the answers are usually simple, but it feels great to have a little back-up from other brides!

#332 Stephers09

Stephers09
    • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

Just booked with Grand Riviera Princess!
      August 27th 2010 :)

#333 Kacelb

Kacelb
      • 36 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
        I don't know... she has 13 months to save up... I could not get married without my mom, unless it really was an elopement that included only myself and my fiancĀ©e.
        I completely agree. If my mother can't save up the money to go my wedding in 13 months (she had over 15 month's notice) then I guess she can't go. I just wasn't going to plan my wedding around what she will or won't do. I am planning for me and my fiance.
        Mike and Kacie's Wedding Website

***I have an AMAZING photographer scheduled for our wedding in Tulum for 10/09/10. If you have the same date (or close to it) and are interested in using her please let me know! Her work can be viewed at http://www.lindleysphotography.com ***

#334 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
        • 266 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

Mine too isnt coming. I am not bothered by it. We didnt really give anyone more than 8 months notice and its what we want. We are having a reception when we come home so people that cant come to the wedding can come to that.

#335 Stephers09

Stephers09
          • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Heyy!

Does anybody have any good tips on how to get the best group rates?
            We probably have 80-90 people coming!

Going to the TA this weekend...
            anything inparticular i should be sure to ask?!

:)

#336 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

I'm suprised at how many of our mom's aren't coming or can't save etc. My mom told me she couldn't afford it and then when I came back at her offering to pay for her and my brother to come out, she says "I'm afraid to fly".... Kinda sounds like a dis to me.

It sucks but I'm not going to let it stop me from having the time of my life, if she WANTED to come, she'd come.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies, at lease we know we're not alone in this issue.

#337 Kacelb

Kacelb
              • 36 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

This mom conversation makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER! I'm happy to know I am not alone in this issue! It's an tough emotional situation.
                Mike and Kacie's Wedding Website

***I have an AMAZING photographer scheduled for our wedding in Tulum for 10/09/10. If you have the same date (or close to it) and are interested in using her please let me know! Her work can be viewed at http://www.lindleysphotography.com ***

#338 c+j

c+j
                • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hi All! Has anyone looked into the RIU's in Cancun? Their prices are set for 2010. In fact I am booked to married there on 7.23.10. I am usinf destinationweddings.com for all my arrangements. has anyone here used them before?

#339 c+j

c+j
                  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Also wanted to share re. Mom's/family. It's not Mom in my case but my sister and my fiance's sister. my sister says she can't afford this either even tho I told them about this plan last year! my fiance's sister says that Mexico is too dangerous of a place to go because of the cartels and all the rapes that go on there. If you can believe it she cited a website w/ a story about some college girls that got raped back in 2007.

#340 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
                    • 429 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                      I'm suprised at how many of our mom's aren't coming or can't save etc. My mom told me she couldn't afford it and then when I came back at her offering to pay for her and my brother to come out, she says "I'm afraid to fly".... Kinda sounds like a dis to me.

It sucks but I'm not going to let it stop me from having the time of my life, if she WANTED to come, she'd come.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies, at lease we know we're not alone in this issue.
                      My mom was the same way. She said she couldn't afford it. Luckily we came up with a plan to help her out. Since my FI and I moved to China last October we had to find a place for our 9 year old black lab. My mom agreed to watch her for the 2 years we will be here. We were already paying her $200/month for food, supplies and misc stuff. So we told her we will pay for her way if we knock the price down to $75/month for the next year. She happily took that plan and now she is coming.

I hope your mothers have a change of ♥♥♥♥!!!

Happy planning 2010 brides!!! :-)

~ Erica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users