2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#191 utbride2010

utbride2010
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

Gina-
    The Occidental Grand Cozumel is smaller that the Occidental Xcaret but is just as nice.They each have things that make them unique. Xcaret has the beach restaurant with the gazebo but Cozumel has a real beach that is great. They both have plenty of activites both night and day. Cozumel has a fun activity pool like Xcaret but the also have an adult relax pool. There is no swim up bar but there are still bars at every pool. Also Cozumel has a fun disco/ kareoke bar that was fun, can't remember if Xcaret has one. We settled on Cozumel for two reasons...1st the beach. Most of my family that is coming wants to be beach side and it is important to my Fi. 2nd Cozumel has a beautiful wedding venue outside of the hotel (less than a mile from the resort) that we love. It has more to offer at better prices than the hotel for the actual ceremony and reception. If you want to check it out go to cozumelweddingplanner.com and click create your package and then on Mr. Sanchos. Also I have heard that when you use WC at the resorts you may not have the same person throughout the planning process because they change often. I personally want to deal with the same person so I am positve I will get the things I want on the day of. Hope this helps! BTW-We love both of the resorts and I don't think you could go wrong choosing either!

#192 Gina

Gina
    • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Thanks UTbride2010, that helps a lot.Ttyl

#193 angelk7164

angelk7164
      • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:26 PM

I'm an April 2010 bride and am deciding between either Hilton or Sheraton in Cabo. Both have great room rates for my guests and they are really nice hotels. I'm working with Tammy and a wedding planner Karla Casillas. The only thing that's holding me back right now is this stupid swine flu...I know it's a year away but I have a feeling everyone will freak out about it when I send the save the date cards....not sure what to do.

#194 RCBlondie

RCBlondie
        • 199 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

Hello everyone! This is a great thread and I am thankful I took the time to read it! Just like all of you, we are planning our wedding for June 2010. We have a different set of circumstances as we are from Vancouver Canada, got engaged on Dec 2/08 in Punta Cana and then packed our bags (and our house) on Feb 27/09 and moved to Australia for a year. So, I am trying to plan all this being on the other side of the world. What an adventure.
          For those who have not been to the Mayan, it is beautiful. This is why we have picked this area. The beaches are wonderful, not too packed and the people are so helpful. The resorts are quite large, so try to find a layout of it before you chose which part of the resort to stay in.

Cara W, you mentioned getting married at Barcelo, we stayed there in Dec '06 and had a wonderful time. There are four sections to the resort, two are the older and the other two (could be a third now as they were in the throws of building it when we were there). I will send you a PM if I can find the picture I have of the resort. Or you can go to Whateverblondie.com - Rachelle Cadieux and look at the pictures from Dec 2006 Mexico and find the resort in there. I have a tone of pics. Good luck with your planning.

Is anyone considering the Dreams Tulum resort? If so, let me know when you are thinking, perhaps you could let me know your experience up to this point.
          Thanks,
          Rachelle & Randal
          June 2010
          http://tickers.Ticke....90e1/event.png

#195 NicoRuskies

NicoRuskies
          • 92 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:56 AM

Hi everyone!!

Reading this thread has made me feel A LOT better! I am a May 2010 bride and am getting pulled in all sorts of directions. My goal is the plan our wedding while I am in my summer break from school. We decided on our dream resort and family and friends were complaining it was too expensive! Very stressful times. I have been to a couple Riu resorts in Mexico and they were awesome, the staff was amazing and food was good and consistent. I've seen a travel agent and there are some packages ready for 2010, but they may be Canadian based...not too sure. Good luck everyone! I will be sure to help out anyone I can as we are almost all in the same stages. IT IS SO EXCITING!!! :)

#196 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
            • 380 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Good Morning Brides,

Our wedding date is April 16, 2010 at Moon Palace. We got engaged in Dec/08 and had to wait several weeks for the 2010 package at Moon Palace. Things are finally start to roll for us now that we have quotes for 3-night and 5-night packages for our guests. The problem we have now is the flight schedule... nothing is out for the month of April 2010. Have any of you 2010 brides have quotes for flights yet? It's driving me insane bc my guests are asking for flight info and I can't give them any. Anyway, other than that we are still at the beginning stages of our planning aside from having the date and location set. I ordered my dress yesterday! It should arrive in 20 weeks. I can't wait this is such an exciting time for all of us :)

#197 NicoRuskies

NicoRuskies
              • 92 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

That is so exciting that you ordered your dress!!! I have a try on date set and am nervous because I don't know how many "destination" style dresses I will find that I like! As for the flights, the travel agent I saw said that they wouldn't come out for a couple months. She did say that the dates from last year will be pretty close to the dates this year. So maybe you can find out when the flights went out last year to give your guests some sort of answer? Hope it all works out!! :)

#198 Billisa

Billisa
                • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

Well, if it's any consolation, we JUST got our date confirmed this week and the wedding is 8 months away at ROR!!!

And the way the TA put it was they are so professional there and they really know what they are doing so put your wedding in their hands and you won't go wrong.

That being said...it's hard to know exactly what to expect and what to plan when you can't physically see the place so yeah, it's kind of like shooting in the dark for a lot of this stuff, hey?!! :)

#199 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
                  • 380 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NicoRuskies
                    That is so exciting that you ordered your dress!!! I have a try on date set and am nervous because I don't know how many "destination" style dresses I will find that I like! As for the flights, the travel agent I saw said that they wouldn't come out for a couple months. She did say that the dates from last year will be pretty close to the dates this year. So maybe you can find out when the flights went out last year to give your guests some sort of answer? Hope it all works out!! :)
                    I did search for flights around this time for next year to give my guests an idea. I honestly hope airlines lower their rates even more due to the economy (I'm evil I know)

Good luck dress shopping! Once you find the perfect one you'll know!

#200 2010wedding

2010wedding
                    • 203 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RCBlondie
                      Hello everyone! This is a great thread and I am thankful I took the time to read it! Just like all of you, we are planning our wedding for June 2010. We have a different set of circumstances as we are from Vancouver Canada, got engaged on Dec 2/08 in Punta Cana and then packed our bags (and our house) on Feb 27/09 and moved to Australia for a year. So, I am trying to plan all this being on the other side of the world. What an adventure.
                      For those who have not been to the Mayan, it is beautiful. This is why we have picked this area. The beaches are wonderful, not too packed and the people are so helpful. The resorts are quite large, so try to find a layout of it before you chose which part of the resort to stay in.

Cara W, you mentioned getting married at Barcelo, we stayed there in Dec '06 and had a wonderful time. There are four sections to the resort, two are the older and the other two (could be a third now as they were in the throws of building it when we were there). I will send you a PM if I can find the picture I have of the resort. Or you can go to Whateverblondie.com - Rachelle Cadieux and look at the pictures from Dec 2006 Mexico and find the resort in there. I have a tone of pics. Good luck with your planning.

Is anyone considering the Dreams Tulum resort? If so, let me know when you are thinking, perhaps you could let me know your experience up to this point.
                      Thanks,
                      Hi there-
                      I was thinking Dreams Tulum....actually it was my 1st choice but after some research, went with Dreams PA. Its really lovely. I have all their info and there is a Dreams PA thread on this site too!!

Let me know if I can help,

Janna in Calgary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users