Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:26 PM
I'm a second time arounder (we've had to change our wedding date as it was previously set for '09), now planning on getting married on Isla Mujeres (island off of Cancun) in May 2010. I've sorta been through this junk before, but it's no less frustrating the second time around.
Here's something you might want to think on. You can get prices for the locations you're are considering THIS year to use as estimates/ball park rates for your guests. There will absolutely be price increases from this year to the next for most hotels, but you can normally assume it won't be an outrageous increase at least in terms of hotels. What I was told last year was to cushion estimates with a ten percent increase and I'd be safe looking ahead into the next year.
Also, keep in mind your wedding dates if you are concerned with being kind to your guests wallets. If you are dead set on your date, then by all means run with it! It's your wedding! But if you have any flexibility at all, try avoiding the early part of April. Good Friday falls on April 2, with Easter being on April 4 next year. A travel agent advised me to book MINIMUM of two weeks beyond Easter in terms of rates. I also figured in the college averages for spring break and just decided to avoid the month of April altogether. Our new dates is May 8, 2010.
http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!
Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:28 PM
Endlesslove, which resort are you getting married at?
Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:55 PM
Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:07 PM
I am a 2010 bride as well. Nothing is booked yet though!! I am a teacher so it's going to be in July ....we think the 15th or so ....give or take a day. We plan on having it in Cabo and are trying to decide between Dreams and the Riu Palace. It's definitely a hard decision though, and price is a factor. Dreams is pricey and I feel like no of our guests will actually show up once they realize how much it will cost them!
Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:11 PM
Looks like there are quite a few of us out there. We are planning on getting married at Moon Palace in Cancun 1/8 2010. I missed the cut off by just a week. I am at a standstill with planning. I felt that I could not really work on anything until I have the date locked down. I guess I could start working on our wedding website. Has anyone started working on theirs yet? If so do you have any good recommendations of companies to use? Best of luck to everyoneâ€¦.I hope we all get the dates we are hoping for!
Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:18 PM
Leorgurl -Great thread.. I was going to start one and then I saw yours! You requested me as a friend, but I am new to this site and I have no idea how to add you. I tried, but it doesn't seem to work?! I don't know haha.. (silly me)..
Soo I got engaged on Oct 11, 2008 and ever since then i have been researching on my own, I have asked my friends if they knew anyone that has had a destination wedding, and I have gone to several different travel agents to ask for their advice..That is my suggestion!
I have stayed at one of the Palace resorts before, so I decided to look at their website. I contacted them to send me some information and within a week I had brochures!
I am hoping for a July 2010 wedding at Moon Palace! I contacted them and they said within a month they will have the packages available!!!
Happy Planning to all!!!! looking forward to more postings!!!
Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:39 PM
Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:44 PM
Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:51 AM
So we will stay at a timeshare and then have the wedding and reception at the Marriot. The total for each person to stay at the timeshare will be no more than $300. Which is a sweet deal for a whole week! Okay this is becoming wayy too long so I will end here. But def. let me know if you have questions! I am excited to hear where you end up having your wedding. I spoke with my WC today (via email) and she still won't book 2/11/10 until about a month. She says that she is only booking conventions right now. UGH!
Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:43 AM
I am glad that this thread was started so we can all help each other from pulling our hair out! LOL!
My fiance and I set our date for June 21, 2010 at the Hilton in Los Cabos, Mexico. Luckily at the Hilton we were able to set our date and sign a contract over a year in advance. I know a lot of places make you wait until at most 1 year out. The Hilton was SO professional and the property was absolutely breath taking so that is how we made our decision. We actually took a trip to Cabo in November and checked out a few places: Villa Del Arco, Dreams, Hilton, Sheraton, Casa Del Mar, and Cabo del Sol. After visiting all resorts and looking at prices we decided on the Hilton.
We are thinking of sending our save the dates out maybe in April, do you think this is too early?
I guess other than the location I have decided on colors: Navy, turquoise and lime green (the Hilton is decorated in these colors and it is beautiful!).
I still have so much to do.....arghhh! LOL!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users