Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That was her answer to my question of "So if I have any questions or requests can I just have you contact them to set everything up or do I have to?"

I thought it was a very reasonable fee to be able to let someone else do all the leg work!!!

Another question regarding vaccinations: can I just go into a walk in clinic for Twinrix? I am in healthcare and already am immune to Hep B, but since I am going to the Mayan Riviera this Nov (unrelated to wedding) I thought now would be a good time and didn't want to bother with a Dr appt if I didn't need to. Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalmand View Post
That was her answer to my question of "So if I have any questions or requests can I just have you contact them to set everything up or do I have to?"
I thought it was a very reasonable fee to be able to let someone else do all the leg work!!!
Another question regarding vaccinations: can I just go into a walk in clinic for Twinrix? I am in healthcare and already am immune to Hep B, but since I am going to the Mayan Riviera this Nov (unrelated to wedding) I thought now would be a good time and didn't want to bother with a Dr appt if I didn't need to. Any thoughts?
Hi Lindsay,

I went to a walk in clinic to get my Twinrix. If you already have your Hep b, you can just get a hep a and it's suppose to be much cheaper. When I took the twinrix i have to take 3 shots, 1st shot, 1 month and 6 months. I am not sure if it's the same for hep a. Dr told me I need at least my first and 2nd shot the 3rd( 6 month) can be anytime. Hope that helps. When you see your dr, they will write a persc to get the shot. It took me 2 hours in total...

-Rain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I went and got it today. She recommended just the Hep A. She gave me a script, I went downstairs and filled it then went right back up and she gave it to me. I'll have to look into the actual instructions because I left there not really knowing exactly when I have to come back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
I am July or AUg 2010 and am using a TA for sure! I think it helps with weather, etc. And since I am looking at the middle of hurricane season, that is definitely necessary! Most TA's do not charge you, because they get paid a commission from the resort. I know DW.com charges $50, but it goes towards your vacation when you book it. (or so I have heard)
Yes, that is correct. We are using DW.com and our $50 was already credited to our account. I think it's a good idea to book with them or a TA. That way in case something happens they can help take care of the situation. That is one less worry you will have!

I've heard there are some good TA's on this forum too!

Good Luck! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
I can't seem to find DW.com...it sends me to a different company page. Can anyone give me the web address? Thanks :)
Hello... This is the website I use Wedding Destinations and Planning | Destination Weddings .com

Have you picked a resort yet? It looks like you are pretty new to this forum. This forum rocks and you will get great information here!

Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyer2010 View Post
Hello... This is the website I use Wedding Destinations and Planning | Destination Weddings .com

Have you picked a resort yet? It looks like you are pretty new to this forum. This forum rocks and you will get great information here!

Good Luck!

Thank you so much. We've decided on Dreams Cancun and the WC there recommended this site. We're in the process of getting a contract; it's more stressful than I thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
Thank you so much. We've decided on Dreams Cancun and the WC there recommended this site. We're in the process of getting a contract; it's more stressful than I thought!
I absolutely love this site! It has so much great information! Happy Planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×