Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Are any of you getting good group discounts or reduced rates for having a large group book? I haven't been offered any by my travel agent and now am wondering if I should have all my guests book through a different TA that can offer some sort of large group special (or even get my room discounted?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige2010 View Post
Are any of you getting good group discounts or reduced rates for having a large group book? I haven't been offered any by my travel agent and now am wondering if I should have all my guests book through a different TA that can offer some sort of large group special (or even get my room discounted?)
If you are NOT going to receive any perks for booking as a group than don't bother with the stress of it all. However, you SHOULD be getting some deals. Definitely! To count as a group you need ten people and that alone should get you better rates. With our tour company... the 21st person was free... which can be applied to anyone (of course we are taking the $$).... then after that the 42nd person is free! So I am really hoping for that. We are currently at 34 (the 4 others that make 38 are kids and don't count). In addition... I do believe we will be upgraded to a suite. My TA is working on that.

Fight for deals / perks if you are going to book as a group. Originally to get the deals we got, we all had to fly out of the same city, but we are spread out all over the country. My TA worked real hard to have all the cities included so we can take advantage of the 21st free trip incentive. When you do the math... our group of 38 people consists of $60,000 +++ to the airline and hotel! Bringing in that kind of cash better get me something, LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige2010 View Post
Are any of you getting good group discounts or reduced rates for having a large group book? I haven't been offered any by my travel agent and now am wondering if I should have all my guests book through a different TA that can offer some sort of large group special (or even get my room discounted?)
Do you have Air Transat or Nolitours in your area? We got some great deals with our rep from there. Got a discounted group rate for all inclusive air/hotel package, every 16th person is free AND>>>they now offer wedding packages at select hotels at a discounted rate! Worth looking into! Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyine, Im getting married may 2010 2 dreams tulum. I'm so excited... I'm looking for wedding favors. something really nice but notting to high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All!

I just got engaged in May & am getting married in December of 2010. People (future mother in law) keep saying we're crazy for waiting so long to do a DW, but I'm from Minnesota and we need to get away from the cold in the winter cheesy.gif

Any advice on responses to these opinions??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 2010 Brides!!!

 

I am just starting to plan our October 2010 wedding. We are planning on Dreams Tulum however I have not made the reservations yet. We will doing that within the next week or so as long as everything goes smoothly.

 

I am so excited to have found this forum and appreciate all the help and advice I can get!

 

Congrats to everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateg527 View Post
Hi All!
I just got engaged in May & am getting married in December of 2010. People (future mother in law) keep saying we're crazy for waiting so long to do a DW, but I'm from Minnesota and we need to get away from the cold in the winter cheesy.gif
Any advice on responses to these opinions??
We got the same reactions about our decision. You know what though, it's YOUR day and you have to celebrate it how YOU want. Accommodate the people that mean the most and that's it. Do it for you. My mom probably won't be at my wedding because she can't afford to go, but it's what fiance and I want so that's what we are going to do. At least you are considering their opinions- you could just elope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacelb View Post
We got the same reactions about our decision. You know what though, it's YOUR day and you have to celebrate it how YOU want. Accommodate the people that mean the most and that's it. Do it for you. My mom probably won't be at my wedding because she can't afford to go, but it's what fiance and I want so that's what we are going to do. At least you are considering their opinions- you could just elope!
cry.gif I don't know... she has 13 months to save up... I could not get married without my mom, unless it really was an elopement that included only myself and my fiancée.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×