definately be firm with people b/c you will not belive how rude they can be sometimes. there is a thread a/b this on here and the stories some brides have are crazy!! I've already had to tell several people that they are not invited and I made sure that it is clearly posted on our website that our guests can bring their children/"plus ones" to the resort, but they will not be included in the wedding activites.

I even had to give my mom a 4 person "freeby" limit b/c she started inviting all of her friends too!!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalmand View Post
I've had that problem too, but not to the degree of some of you. I'm a pretty sarcastic person so all I say in reply is "Hey, if you happen to be taking a Mexico vacation at the same time as I get married I can't do anything about that." I haven't had to, as of yet, actually uninvite anyone that has invited themselves.

On another note, I am booking Claudia Rodriguez for my photos and was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with her? So far the communication process is slow going, I'm still waiting for her to send me the link so that I can put our deposit down!!
We're using Claudia Rodriquez for our wedding this May. I feel really good about booking her. She's very responsive, speaks English wonderfully and the photos on her web site as well as from other brides on this site are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Bride View Post
I noticed there were some posts on here about vaccinations... Hep A or B.... Is anyone getting specific vaccinations for Riviera Maya? I was thinking the Swine Flu vac once it comes out, but that's it.

Should we be worried about other diseases or flu?
I have my Hep vacs, but it really depends what kind of traveller you are. For example, if you mostly stay within your resort and eat at fine dining places, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are someone who is more adventurous and really wants a taste of 'real life' in Mexico, I would strongly suggest it. One thing to keep in mind though is the countries thrive off of tourism, they want you to be safe & healthy.
Part of my reasoning was I eat at the street vendors and travel places like Guadalajara (which isn't a main tourist destination). I also have family in Puerto Vallarta so I'm eating in their homes, food bought at local markets and washed in local water, not filtered systems.

Hope this helps!

I'm getting married on March 20th, 2010. We are having buses transport the guests to the location but they want a confirmation and deposit by Feb.20th. I have sent out all the save the dates so people know that they are invited but now I have to set the RSVP for like Feb. 13th so I can gather this info for the transportation people. Is an RSVP date greater than 4 weeks before the event acceptable? I feel bad putting that pressure on people but I think that by Feb. they should know if they're comming. When did you set your RSVP date for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by czalli View Post
When did you set your RSVP date for?
I set my RSVP date for jan 29...

The resort wants names of who is coming 2 months in advance so I had to do it by Feb 9, but I wanted a couple days to track down people who don't respond on time. Plus, Jan 29 sounds way earlier than Feb 1 wink.gif

I don't think there's any prob having an earlier RSVP for a destination wedding. You're right- they should know if they're coming or not, by then!