Quote:
Originally Posted by northernflasher View Post
We all sympathise girl smile03.gif

Try not to rush your process. You could always send out STD's with prices and travel info to follow.....

As long as everyone is aware of your plans and chosen dates they should automatically start budgeting.

Another idea is to loosely base your info on last years prices plus 10%, but give yourself plenty of time to research this and make it clear that these are not set in stone! A good way to do this without printing costs is to put all your info on a wedding website and you can just update easily as the info comes in. Dont forget to include the address on your STD's and hopefully everyone will be so distracted looking at your site they will give you a break about final prices...for a while anyway.

Be patient it'll all workout.

x
Thanks for this message and the great ideas!!
x
Janna

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlondie View Post
Is anyone considering the Dreams Tulum resort? If so, let me know when you are thinking, perhaps you could let me know your experience up to this point.
Thanks,
I just confirmed my wedding date for March 5th, 2010 at Dreams Tulum. I haven't really had to do anything with the resort yet, but the Dreams Tulum thread is so organized and there are lots of brides still hanging out that are very friendly and willing to answer questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gina & UTBride-- I was so happy to find someone talking about Occidental Xcaret! My FI and I are thinking about having our DW there in May 2010. Do you have any details you can share? Loved the description of the Occidental on Cozumel. I have to check that one out now too!

Hi Everyone!

We are shooting for April 1 2010 but don't have a resort as of yet.

We are having some trouble getting rates for Mexico right now but are thinking possibly Cozumel. Are there any other Cozumel brides out there?

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlondie View Post
Cara W, you mentioned getting married at Barcelo, we stayed there in Dec '06 and had a wonderful time. There are four sections to the resort, two are the older and the other two (could be a third now as they were in the throws of building it when we were there). I will send you a PM if I can find the picture I have of the resort. Or you can go to Whateverblondie.com - Rachelle Cadieux and look at the pictures from Dec 2006 Mexico and find the resort in there. I have a tone of pics. Good luck with your planning.
Thank you so much RCBlondie!!
It's great to hear about the resort from someone who has stayed there. We were considering looking at other resorts, as some of the quotes for Barcelo came back pretty high, but there's only a difference of about $200 from other resorts we've had quoted, so we have decided that Barcelo is the resort we love, and so that's the one we're going with!!! I am so excited!!
Now hopefully this swine flu thing blows over so we can book! I know my family won't be big on booking while this is going on. *fingers crossed*!!

Congratulations to you all. I'm also a 2010 bride and I'm shooting for July 24, 2010 but I'm waiting for the Romance Manager at the Paradisus to get back to me so that I can book the date. This is so frustrating bc its not like I can just drive there, so I'm at the mercy of everyone getting back to me when they can...uugghh So many pple want info and I can't give them anything yet and I would really like to send out my STD's by next month, so that all of my guests have exactly one year to make arrangements..

I'm so glad this thread was started bc I don't know anyone who is having or has had a destination wedding and it helps knowing im not alone :)

Welcome new destination brides! It is really frustrating to not have the details to be able to tell people. One thing that helps is to find the 2008 and 2009 threads on the resort you plan to marry at, and read through the information already there, and then ask lots of questions about rates, activities, etc. It helps with being able to give some general details to guests about how much to save anyway.

Panda91736, my guess about the TA's on this site is that they already have lots of clients and are pretty busy, and certain TA's have really good business relationships with specific resorts, so that if you mention you would like to get married at a resort at which none of the TA's have a relationship built with already, they may take longer in getting back to you. That's just a guess though. It sounds like you're satsified with destinationweddings.com so far though, so that's good. I think there are some reviews of them on this site if you do a search.

I'm so glad to have found you all!

I've secured my date @ Azul Sensatori for May 8th 2010

So far I've finished my wedding website, DIY my Save the Date boarding passes, sent them all out, blocked rooms and purchased our wedding bands.

Next is the dress!

I know, I know I'm way ahead of myself but I can't help it :)

Wow, women, i am dumbfounded that the resorts make you wait. Unbelievable.

have you considered using some smaller boutique hotels in PDC or the area that would be more that happy to book your reservations right away.

I live in Mexico and help my friends all the time with their bookings. though resorts are the norm, you can have a super great beach wedding at smaller hotels that love to work with brides.

The waiting is a frustration for all and if you are looking at 1600 usd all in, per person so 3200 usd per couple you could do a small hotel which you can book up completely and have to yourself and your guests and rock the place.

this is generally my suggestion to brides and it works like a charm for them. the wedding ends up being more intimate, more fun and you really end up with quality time with your guests. to top it off, depending on how much you want to venture into mexico, you can have a real destination wedding that experiences the true culture of mexico.

the smaller hotels can do as much if not more than the large resorts. Trip bookings, dinner arrangements, beach clubs, etc...

think about it..then you can book, get things out there and take things off your list....

have fun with things..and if you need suggestions happy to do so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I'm so glad to have found you all!

I've secured my date @ Azul Sensatori for May 8th 2010
So far I've finished my wedding website, DIY my Save the Date boarding passes, sent them all out, blocked rooms and purchased our wedding bands.
Next is the dress!

I know, I know I'm way ahead of myself but I can't help it :)
wow you are doing good! I am almost booked at Azul beach for May 29th 2010 and I really want to send out STD magnets in the next month or so. Did you send them out to the wedding guests? I am having a US side reception too - should I send STDs to those guests? I don't want extended family and friends who I am inviting to the US recpetion only to wonder where their STDs are.... Thoughts?