Waiting for the 2010 packages is so hard.. Even though it is a long time off, I'm ready to start planning! I'm still waiting to hear back from the Barcelo re: the date I'm trying to reserve. I'm a little nervous because it is a holiday weekend (May 29th, 2010) but that is the best time for most of our friends and family.. For any Barcelo Palace brides out there, how long did it take to get a response from the WC regarding reserving your date??

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey MObride09! So excited to find another Barcelo bride! YAY!! I plan on having my wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace in February 2010! I'm actually using destinationweddings.com and the TA has been in contact with the Barcelo WC. The WC confirmed that when we were ready, we could reserve a date. In addition, I'm supposed to get the 2010 packages very soon. Once I get them I will send you a message!

I don't think we'll have to wait much longer for the 2010 packages. All the e-mails I receive all talk about having their packages ready within the next couple weeks. I have finally talked with a TA (one I got from this site) and feel some stress being lifted from me. Just having someone help out who knows the resorts and has hook-ups gives me a great sense of relief. Has anyone attempted making a logo yet?

Hi Kammerence! It's great to find another Barcelo bride. My FI and I stayed there in 2006 and absolutely loved this resort. There is so much to do for singles as well as couples:The perfect mix of activity and solitude that we were looking for when trying to find a resort for our wedding. Thanks so much in advance for forwarding the 2010 packages when you receive them. I've been working with a TA locally, but will not be able to secure travel prices until June. I've already emailed one of the WC's at the Barcelo about securing the date but still have not heard back yet...I guess it's been about a week... Hopefully, I'll hear something soon! How are the wedding plans progressing? It's all so excitingcheer2.gif

Hi Ladies,

From reading all of your posts, I am not the only one about to pull my hair out. Our plan is to get married in January 2010 in the Mayan Riviera. I've set a date with Dreams Tulum, however if pricing is too high for my guests I will have to change hotels sad.gif This is such a difficult task so I've already started researching backup options. Do any of you have ideas? my budget for guests is about 1500 Canadian Dollars and that's including tax.

As for STD's...what I did was send out cards that said "we're getting married in the Mayan Riviera January 2010. Date, details and invitation to follow". I figured by doing this, I am giving all my guests a heads up, a location of some sort and the month we plan on doing it. They can start looking ahead and saving up...once I know the exact hotel I will send out my invites.

Anyway I look forward to talking to all of you more!

Maria :)

Hello 2010 Brides,

Im getting married Jan 22, 2010 at Dreams Puerto Aventuras. I am waiting for the stds from my travel agent to send out, My FI wants to send the actual invitations out with the stds ( Travel contact and info) at the same time, are any of you girls planning on doing this too? I figured if I have all the information.. why not?

In terms of picking a resort, i've changed my mind from Rui Ocho Rios to Dreams Peruto Aventuras.. I think for me I just had to pick one and stop looking, if I kept looking I was bound to find something I thought was better.. Im happy with my choice and now all I hear is good stuff about it. I originally wanted to spend 1500 for my guest, they can still do it for 3 nights stay..If my quest wants to make a vacation out of it, they will have to consider spending a little more money, and it is left up to them.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck with planning!

Quote:
I think for me I just had to pick one and stop looking, if I kept looking I was bound to find something I thought was better..
Hi there Rainfall,
this was the case with me too!! We just kept looking and kept falling in love with a different resort all the time. I think there are so many beautiful resorts in the Riviera Maya, we just finally decided we had to make our decision and that was that. We're happy with our choice now. :)

Yaaay more 2010 brides!!

We are still really far away, I put in a request to secure a wedding date at Dreams in Cabo for 10/10/10. We've decided on a resort, hopefully soon have a date, and we have been figuring out a guestlist. But that's all we've done so far!

Looking forward to the planning process with all of you :)

I had THE most frustrating conversation with the hotel wedding coordinator yesterday.

She tried to tell me that while they aren't booking 2010 dates yet, we can go ahead and get started with "other details, like menu, music and ceremony location.."

HUH?

Why would I do that when I can't even say for sure the date we want is going to be available? I mean, I assume that since they aren't booking yet, it's OPEN and will be until they DO start booking, but...that doesn't guarantee that I'm ok planning around that date. The resort we're using is on Isla Mujeres..about 19 mi off the coast of Cancun. It's not busy, it's more laid back with lots of locals and Isla itself is on a tiny island. The resort is only considered 3 star, so it's not like it's ritzy and in huge demand, so I honestly feel pretty confident since even if they do happen to book another wedding for the same date, it's not likely there would be MORE than one. But still.

Oye, how frustrating.