Ok, so originally we didn't want to go to Jamaica bc my MOH was totally against it, but last night her FI and mine decided they really want to take advantage of the free golf! So Jamaica is back in! I know the golf course is located at the SGOR, but it says on the website free transfers within the Ocho Rios area. Does anyone know which other resorts this applies to? Thanks!!!

My husband went golfing there the morning of our wedding but we stayed at SGOR. He said he knows that it also went to Dunn River but not sure about the others. Just to let you know, he had a good time but was slightly disappointed in the course. We did not bring his clubs so it was pretty expensive too. He said to make sure you bring your own balls. They are like $45 for a dozen and they only carry Pro V 1. Don't forget to tip the driver and the caddy. It ended up being around $100 total for clubs, balls, cart, caddy and tips. The good thing is his caddy had a side business. We ended up hiring him to drive us around for the day in Ocho Rios. It was a lot of fun and we saved a ton of money there!

Oh, don't worry, I would prefer someone be totally honest so I know what to expect! I knew you had to pay to rent the clubs, but figured it was still better than paying the airline to bring his with us! I didn't even think about the balls! So do you remember the Caddy's name? Maybe we can hook up with him too! We've done this on other trips in the past, if we've gotten along well with a taxi driver or such, and it's always so nice to have a local take you around, and generally they give you such a good deal! Thanks!

We thought the same thing about the clubs and that is why they just rented. It worked out ok and gave me and my friend some time to hang out at the pool and have our hair done.

The driver's name is Homa Dunn and I actually kept his business card because we enjoyed him soooo much. This is his number so he can make some money on the side..:-) 917-3022. He also works through JUTA tours (1 (876) 530-0450)but I know he will give you a better rate if you call him directly. He told us to pass it around so don't worry about it. It was very stress free because he would take us where we wanted and then just wait. We were not on any time lines! I recommend going tubing. That was the first thing we did and it was A LOT cheaper than paying through the resort and a ton of fun!

Don't forget to take smaller bills for tipping either. That is just in general. It is soooo hard to get cash while you were there. Homa drove us around to several banks until we found one that would let us get money off out Debit card. It was a huge pain in the butt! Calling home is a pain too!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics