Photo

HELP:# of songs for the ceremony

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

I am trying to select the music for my ceremony and I don't have any idea how many songs I need.

How many songs did or will you be using for your ceremony and what are they connected to?

For example, 1 song for the wedding party to walk to, etc.

Thanks so much, I am at such a loss!!

#2 InspiredBride

InspiredBride
    • 78 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

I'm sure it totally depends on what your tasts/preferences are, but according to "The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions"...

"Before you do anything else, consider how much music you want played. Depending on how long an/or complex your ceremony will be, you may want several selections for the prelude (before the wedding begins), a processional and recessional, plus one or two additional selections during the ceremony itself- or you may just need a few snippets of music for when you walk in and walk out."

My ceremony is on a cruise ship so we're keeping it simple. One song for seating (prelude), a processional and a recessional.

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

I am planning on having the steel drum band and I will have them play One song for seating (prelude), a processional and a recessional. Then I will have them play after the ceremony for our first dance and the rest of the hour since I am paying for 1 hour.
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
        • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

On our big day we had this for songs... 1 seating, 1 bride and BM walking down (she helped push my trolley), 1 Sand Ceremony, 1 for signing of the documents, and 1 for recessional. At the cocktail hr we had just our 1st dance song... but we made a CD mix of different songs for all the above and they just replayed the 12 songs on the CD through out the hr.

#5 Carolyn

Carolyn
          • 1,235 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

Wow what a great question. I'm just starting to pick music and I wasn't sure on how many songs I woould need.

#6 sarafish81

sarafish81
            • 353 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

We are only having 3 songs - 2 for the processional (bridal party, then me) and 1 for the recessional

#7 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
              • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

We had 4 songs - 2 for the processional (bridal party, then me), 1 for the document signing, and 1 for the recessional.
                Jennifer & David
                January 22, 2009
                Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#8 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

We are doing 5 songs...processional (1) - ceremony (2), sand ceremon (1) and recessional (1)

#9 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                  • 382 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

Did anyone just use or are planning on using classical music throughout instead of various songs? I am think of playing a some fun instrumental prior to the ceremony. Changing to something specific for the seating of parents, groomsmen walk, bridesmaid walk. Then changing for me. Does this sound okay?

#10 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                    • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

I incorporated classical music into my ceremony and had something totally different for myself..having the flexibility to do what you want makes it great! best of luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users