Photo

Barcelo ANYONE?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 harv0136

harv0136
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

I e-mailed the wedding coordinators at Barcelo and they put my date on hold. You have until 5 months before the wedding to provide them with your booking info, then they will officially reserve your date. I am working with a travel agent for flight/hotel prices but working directly with the Barcelo for wedding stuff. Hope this helps!

#22 klougheed

klougheed
    • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Hey guys we are getting married at the BArcelo Tropical July 9 2009 and have been told there is no way we can bring in our own photographer. How the heck did you guys get yours in? OUr wedding planner is very nice I don't want to make her hate us by harrassing her too much so whats the secret?

#23 dearmaya

dearmaya
      • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

KBBride, What great pictures! It definitely looks like everything went smoothly! Congrats on everything. Sooo, where did you all have the reception. I had not seen that part of the resort. I loved it! Also did you take the centerpieces with you or is that what they offered? We are getting married in July and I love the idea of a simple wedding, but still want everthing to go smoothly. Thanks!
        Maya

#24 harv0136

harv0136
        • 137 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

I did not hear that about the photographer. I was told that their policy has recently changed and you can now bring in a photographer as long as you pay for a guest pass. I think this is fairly recent, within last year or so. I am working with Gabriella and have it from her in writing!

Also, are any of you having the legal wedding? Is it a big pain to get all the paperwork ready and the blood test? Do you know if you can still add extra things to the ceremony if it is legal, such as a sand ceremony and have your own vows? Thanks!

#25 beachhappy

beachhappy
          • 97 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

KBBride-Your pictures are great! I sent Matt an email. How did you find out about him and how many days did he spend with you? I am interested in where you got your centerpieces too...thanks

#26 klougheed

klougheed
            • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by harv0136 View Post
              I did not hear that about the photographer. I was told that their policy has recently changed and you can now bring in a photographer as long as you pay for a guest pass. I think this is fairly recent, within last year or so. I am working with Gabriella and have it from her in writing!

Also, are any of you having the legal wedding? Is it a big pain to get all the paperwork ready and the blood test? Do you know if you can still add extra things to the ceremony if it is legal, such as a sand ceremony and have your own vows? Thanks!
              THanks! I will maybe email my coordiantor asking her to check with Gabriella.

#27 iceapple

iceapple
              • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Anyone has the 2009 wedding package pricing? I couldn't find it anywhere. I have been emailing them but never got an answer back......Is it a sign for me to reconsider this resort?

#28 Houserhead

Houserhead
                • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by iceapple
                  Anyone has the 2009 wedding package pricing? I couldn't find it anywhere. I have been emailing them but never got an answer back......Is it a sign for me to reconsider this resort?
                  I have a hard copy of the 2009 packages at home. I can scan tomorrow and post it if you haven't found it by then. The WC's take forever to get back via e mail but they will eventually. We just returned from a site visit and the resort was awsome. We watched a wedding ceremony and we spoke to a family that had a wedding at the Palace the day before. They all used the word "perfect" in their desciption of their special night.

#29 iceapple

iceapple
                  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Thank you Houserhead!! You are very kind :-)

Did you know anything about the rule about the outside photographer over there? Can we just get a day pass or we have to have them stay for the night?

#30 Houserhead

Houserhead
                    • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by iceapple
                      Thank you Houserhead!! You are very kind :-)

Did you know anything about the rule about the outside photographer over there? Can we just get a day pass or we have to have them stay for the night?
                      I forgot the wedding packages again!! I will really try to remember them tomorrow. I am not sure about the photographers. If I were you I would not mention anything and play dumb. Say the photographer is a guest of yours?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users