I Need Help From My BDW Girls....AGAIN!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lil_miss_frogg

• 826 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

From the beginning of everything we told our parents that we wanted a very SMALL wedding. We want parents, brothers, sisters, and grandparents.

So, this weekend I tell her I would like a list of all addresses she would like an ANNOUNCEMENT to go to. Since we will not be inviting our aunts and uncles to the wedding this will be a way for us to let them know. She was like isn't an announcement like a save the date? I told her no, because this was just something we were going to send out to let everybody know and a save the date is going to people who are invited to the wedding letting them know to be sure to save the date for our wedding. She was like "will you be sending a save the date to all your aunts and uncles?" I wanted to smack her in the forhead and tell her NO. But, I just told her that they were not invited. She kept wanting to know why. I was like, haven't I told you from the beginning I want a small wedding with about 35-50 people. My side aunts, uncles, and all of their kids total around 65 and Jeremy's side is about the same.

So, here is where I need your help. I will be sending out announcements to those not invited and STD's to those invited. How do I word on the announcement, in a nice way, that we want them to know that we are getting married but they aren't invted.

Please help!

My Babies
    "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
    it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"

#2 bobbysgirl

• 184 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

Sam and Jeremy
      are excited to announce their marriage
      during a private ceremony on
      on tybee island

We will sincerely miss everyone too far away to attend.
      Your good wishes will be in our hearts on this joyous day.

kind of generic but to the point.

#3 Positanobride10

• 205 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

I feel your pain. We are doing something very similar. I ended up opting out of the announcements and doing an email announcement regarding my engagement and reassuring my extended family that we will have a party at home after our honeymoon. That worked a lot better than I expected.

My mom was mad at me for a while but I think she is over it now.

For announcement ideas....since I didn't do them..I am going to defer to anyone else with that. Good luck with the family!

#4 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Mabye something like

(your name) and (his name) will be having a small and intimate wedding ceremony in (location) on (date).

Here's something I found online:

When you announce your own marriage, the announcement is quite short. Simply say, " Elizabeth Ibarra and Samuel Jones are pleased to announce their marriage on..... at ...... We will be making our home at ......(address)"

If you are having a reception and want to combine the announcement with a reception invitation, you can say, " Elizabeth Ibarra and Samuel Jones are pleased to announce their marriage on..... at ...... We invite you to join us for a reception to celebrate our marriage on... at...."

View the cards as a way to tell people about your marriage, your new address and your married name.

Hope that helps!!

#5 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

I didn't say anything if i'm honest I couldn't be arsed with the flack lol

#6 PaddleAddict

• 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

I think announcements are supposed to be sent AFTER the wedding takes place.

#7 Trice

• 295 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

I was just thinking that. Announcements are sent after the wedding letting others know you have tied the knot. Check this out: Q&A: Wedding Stationery: When to Send Announcements?

#8 Christinamaria22

• 358 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

Yah I am doing that when i come back.. I am in the same boat my mom is like asking me did you invite him or her and why AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!

So I decided to just send a picture of us on the wedding day to the family I did not invite and said we were married in a private ceremony.......

#9 beachbride08

• VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

I would wait to send the announcement to those not invited until after the wedding, that way there is no confusion.

#10 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

I have to agree w/ the other girls, if they aren't invited don't announce it until afterwards. Otherwise, people get really offended that they are receiving an "announcement" that you are GETTING married, and they aren't getting an invitation. If you are having an AHR then you can invite them to that. We are doing an AHR, but nothing fancy, just a BBQ on a football saturday weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users