Prices for ROR

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 cleo22

• 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

For the Canadian brides: are you using Canadian-based travel agents? Can anyone recommend a TA? Thanks!!

#12 panther

• 84 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

We are going in Nov 2009 and were quoted $1680 plus taxes for deluxe wing $1630 plus tax regular rooms.

Cleo22 & isaidyes

PM me if you would like the name of the TA we used. They primarily do DW or group travel.

#13 krista

• 49 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Does anyone have any on-ground prices for ROR, excluding flights?
        Did most people go with all-inclusive flight/hotel or book a separate flight and get on-ground rates for the hotel?

#14 nscaper

• 119 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

I think most of us (canadians anyways) go all inclusive.

I went all inclusive. I hadn't even considered anything else.

#15 kurz04

• 16 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hello, we are also looking into the Riu Ocho Rios for during spring break (march27-april 3 2010) and we were originally told approx. $2400-2600 for a week at that time. I know spring break prices go up but does that seem too high to anyone? Are travel agent is trying to work something out with them though. Has anyone from Manitoba gone there? Just curious what other people paid during that time.

#16 tmemise

• 135 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

Kurz04, although March Break is slightly higher, $2400 does seem a bit high. You might want to canvass your expected guests to see how they feel about spending that much. It may help you decide if you want to stay at this resort or consider changing your dates. Are you married (no pun intended!) to the march break time frame? When we were selecting our date, we checked ROR's website first for available dates and then canvassed our TA for prices for those time frames. You might want to try this method, if you have time.

Krista, as for the all-inclusive, unless you can get a really cheap flight, it is better to go with an all-inclusive. However, with our party, we have some who are part of our all-inclusive group rate package (flight/hotel/transfers etc) and some who booked hotel only with our TA, which still gets them a better rate then if they booked on their own or through the hotel directly and most importantly the price stays in CDN funds as opposed to US. We also have guests coming from the states who booked their hotel with us and some who booked everything on their own.

There are pro's and con's to everything, so you and your guests have to weigh out which method is financially feasible for you. I can tell you this, one definite pro to the group and package rate is that after a certain number of booked/confirmed guests, you get a free ticket, so for us it was after 16 adults booked, the 17th person was free (or whoever you choose to give that free ticket to, we kept it for ourselves to decrease the price of our tickets).

Hope this helps.

The FI of tmemise.

#17 kurz04

• 16 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for the advice tmemise!

#18 krista

• 49 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

That's great info tmemise. We're having trouble coordinating everyone because the all-inclusives only leave from Toronto in June. We have people form all across Canada coming so on top of the all-inclusive price they have to pay to get to Toronto too.
                  Our price has gone up now to $1835 (taxes in) from Toronto.

#19 AnnaC

• 91 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

I've been quoted $1681 incl. tax for July 2009 double occupancy. $1641 for triple.

A reasonable price depends on your guests and the types of vacations they are used to booking for themselves. If there are people who want to come but can't afford it maybe you can suggest another cheaper hotel they can stay and but let them know they'll have to pay for a day pass to visit on the day of your wedding. You don't want to extend that to too many people though as I think 80% of the guests must stay at the RIU with you.

#20 Marie

• 138 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

This seems like a little older of a thread, but I thought Id post anyways for anyone interestested. Im not sure if 2009 rates have gone up....but....we booked our group (26 of us) departing from Toronto May 3, 2010--and our rate is $1904 double occupancy-standard room......junior suites were something like $2045...I was hoping it aould have been $1800...but oh well....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users