Photo

What size lanterns?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Glamourina

Glamourina
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

For those who are using those paper lanterns for their wedding, what size did you get? I'm looking at the 12" ones, but wondering if they're too small?

#2 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
    • 672 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:59 AM

I am so glad you asked this. I just logged in to find out what size adn where people buy them for the best price. Looking forward to peoples feedback. If you have any pics of which size you used, please post! thanks in advance

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:25 AM

I have bought several. All though we've bought them in different colors, and each color is a different size to kind of change things up. I have 8", 10" and 12" and 18" lanterns. I've bought mine from girls on BDW, target last summer when they went on sale and Michaels has the 8" lanterns for $1.

#4 stelladiver

stelladiver
        • 47 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

you guys should check with your hotel to see if they have some you can use. our hotel said they have about a dozen, which was not enough. so we went through our WC and are paying about $5 each for additional ones, but that includes the poles (otherwise, there's no place to hang them from in our reception space) and set up/take down. the price didn't seem that bad once you factor in that, in addition to dealing with schleping them to mexico and having to hang them yourself, you'll have to buy the LED light that goes inside them too. good luck!

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:50 AM

We are doing a non resort wedding so we have to bring our own and we're not lighting them. we haven't spent more than $3 on them. I think if your going to light them, just get them in white or off-white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users