Photo

Passing out Leis and Welcome Book?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

It's looking like I wont be able to afford any decent type of OOT bag We are on an extremely tight budget ($6,000) and don't think I can afford bags for 35-50 guests...

Would it be ok if we just passed out some nice leis and a welcome book/letter for guests when they check into the hotel?

We are hosting a welcome dinner as well, and will have fans as favors for the ceremony..

What do you think?

#2 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
    • 369 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Anyone?

I'm just looking for an inexpensive alternative way to welcome guests?

#3 kayr

kayr
      • 149 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

I'm from the UK so don't know what 'leis' is?

I think your guest will be delighted to attend your wedding to be there for you and your husband to be and not for the OOT bag.

However, I think it would be nice to give them a welcome book which maybe includes a thank you letter.

#4 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Thanks kayr!

a lei is basically a necklace of flowers, usually used in Hawaii...

I agree with you that my guests will be happy OOT bag or not, I guess it's just so easy to get caught up in all the great ideas on this board.

#5 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
          • 445 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

I think your guest will be happy with whatever little extras you do. If you are writing a letter, giving them a welcome book, leis, and fans at the wedding, they will be thrilled you thought of them and you took your time to do them.

We are doing quite a few things but a lot of what we are doing isn't costing very much at all For example, we went to our dollar store and picked up several things that were 4/$1.00. We will make our own stickers with our logo on it, cut it out and personalize them that way.

Also, if you decide you want to do a few more things, watch the end of season sales at the end of summer since you are getting married in August 2010. I have seen several brides have nice things that they picked up really cheap in those sales last year (e.g. flip flops, beach bags). This may be the year for sales.

#6 melette

melette
            • 893 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

I agree with Tina. Your guest will be happy with whatever you give! To tell you the truth, prior to this forum, I never even knew about OOT bags!! Lei's would be a perfect thing to give, along with a welcome letter!
              http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

#7 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
              • 369 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

Thanks you guys!

your definately right about not knowing what OOT bags were before joining. I had no idea. I have plenty of time to wait for sales and figure out what we can afford.

Thanks for your advice.

#8 SAM

SAM
                • 542 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

We are giving all of our guests lei's. I'm ordering them through my florist. I'm getting real flower lei's for the women and Kukuhi Nut lei's for the men. You can get these online too. Also they have seashell leis which are alittle less.

I agree with Tina, check out end of the season sales. The dollar tree, 99 cent stores, and other places have great deals. Also give to couples instead of individual gifts.

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users