Sign in to follow this  
memz

Vaccination

This may be a weird question, but has anyone thought about vaccination for hepatitis A and B. I know you can get infected through food or water. But I mean, I am going to a pretty reputable resort (couples negril).

As anyone thought about this at all...and what are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memz View Post
This may be a weird question, but has anyone thought about vaccination for hepatitis A and B. I know you can get infected through food or water. But I mean, I am going to a pretty reputable resort (couples negril).

As anyone thought about this at all...and what are you doing?
Hepatitis A is only administered to people traveling to under developed countries. Ask your primary physician if Jamaica is considered under developed? I have been to Jamaica four times and have never had any issues. It is transmitted from poor sanitation, shellfish from contaminated waters and from workers not properly washing their hands (fecal/oral). Once you have been exposed your body develops antibodies to protect you from getting it again.

Hepatitis B everyone should be vaccinated against. It is transmitted from blood and body fluids. Example is sexual contact and drug addicts.

So again speak with your physician regarding your concern with contacting Hepatitis.

I already have my Hep A & B due to working in the health care field.  I didn't even consider Dukoral.  Did you have to pay for it?

Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post

I just got mine yesterday and Dukoral as well. I now it is an old thread. Did anyone else had it done?

How much did you pay for it?

Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post

Hey,

I had to pay for it. But my insurance will be covreing it. So I just need to claim it.

I had topay 40$ for doc appointment, I think Twinrex(Hep A+B) was 70$ and Dukoral was 80$. Also it is possible that twinrex for 80$ and Dukoral 70$.

I am just too afraid to get sick for my wedding.

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

How much did you pay for it?