Photo

Experienced DW Brides did you regret the Big Dress ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Bethany68

Bethany68
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

I Agree with Yari..get the Dress you want who gives a crap if its beachy or not!

#12 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LALA
      Mine was mermaid/fit to flare. It was pretty heavy and I was hot by the end of the night...but I would totally pick the same dress if I did it all over again. It was the dress that looked the best on me and made me feel like a bride.
      You pointed out something that I felt when trying on the destination wedding dresses. I didn't feel like a bride as much compared to the more elaborate dresses.

#13 dursula

dursula
      • 75 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

Go for the dress you love!

If big and poufy is what you're leaning towards, then you could always wear a hoop crinoline to get some air circulation. Besides, you gotta love the contrast of the casual beach mixed in with such a formal dress.

On the other side of the mix, brides who pick soft and flowy gowns worry about the wind constantly billowing their skirt around.

#14 sandinmytoes

sandinmytoes
        • 180 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

ladies.... You all rock :)
          All of your comments are Greatly Appreciated!

#15 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

My dress wasn't exactly big & poofy but it wasn't really a dress fit for the beach either.
            I agree with everyone else, go for what you love, no matter whether its big & poofy or not.
            You can always wear that dress for the ceremony & change into something lighter or more airy for your reception, which is what I did!

#16 JC0721

JC0721
            • Banned
            • 74 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

This is a great topic! Like others have said I guess you'll know when you try it on and you know it's "the one".......

I myself know I can't have a whole lot of fabric, since I'm petite, and I've come across quite a few dresses I like online, but the verdict will be easier once I start trying some on.

#17 sandinmytoes

sandinmytoes
              • 180 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

I know a veil will make me feel like a bride, but I just am torn on the type of dress I really want! Im too indecisive! LOL

#18 kiki317

kiki317
                • 162 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

LOL- i was the same as you- i hate decisions ans once i started looking into it there were just too many to choose from! I opted for the non poofy dress- i tried on some of the more formal gowns in the store and started sweating my ass off! no way! LOL
                  Get the dress you fall in love with- dont' worry it's out there!

here's a pic of mine it's from David's Bridal - i love it!
                  I go for my second fitting next week!!!

OK i don't know how to attached the pic so here is the link:

David's Bridal - Floral print satin/chiffon burnout halter gown with beaded empire band.

good luck!

#19 *Lo*

*Lo*
                  • 2,993 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

I haven't yet had my DW yet, but I did buy my dress. I didn't think I was the big princess dress type of person, and I know that if I wore a big dress and was hot, I would be irritated and not have a great day. So my personal choice was a compromise and I got a wedding dress that was short! But it is still very much a wedding dress. I know I will just be more comfortable. And after spending that much I want to wear it the whole night, not change after the 15 minute ceremony or whatever.

I think it's a matter of what makes you feel comfortable!

#20 Chiquita

Chiquita
                    • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

That was my wedding dress too and I loved it!!! Good choice :)

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kiki317
                      LOL- i was the same as you- i hate decisions ans once i started looking into it there were just too many to choose from! I opted for the non poofy dress- i tried on some of the more formal gowns in the store and started sweating my ass off! no way! LOL
                      Get the dress you fall in love with- dont' worry it's out there!

here's a pic of mine it's from David's Bridal - i love it!
                      I go for my second fitting next week!!!

OK i don't know how to attached the pic so here is the link:

David's Bridal - Floral print satin/chiffon burnout halter gown with beaded empire band.

good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users