Pazoop's review of Dreams, Vista Grill and Las Caletas

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your review! We are getting married at Dreams in 3 weeks - Rebeca has been totally awesome (I was more than frustrated with Diana!!). I do have a couple of questions...

Did you have the symbolic or legal ceremony at Dreams?

Did you have music at the ceremony? If you did, who played it? Again, if you did, did you bring CDs or an iPod?

Thanks again for the review... I am starting to get really excited!!

Jenn

Pazoop! Your wedding looked like it was absolute perfection. Your photos are amazing! I do have a few questions for you...we're staying at Dreams as well and we're wanting to do a Welcome Dinner the evening before the wedding. Our travel agent isn't much help in finding out costs (our agent kind of sucks but I'm starting to think it's too late in the game to switch -our guests needed travel info.). What did you pay for the welcome dinner? Was it included in the cost since Dreams is an AI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn6603 View Post
Thanks for your review! We are getting married at Dreams in 3 weeks - Rebeca has been totally awesome (I was more than frustrated with Diana!!). I do have a couple of questions...

Did you have the symbolic or legal ceremony at Dreams?
Did you have music at the ceremony? If you did, who played it? Again, if you did, did you bring CDs or an iPod?

Thanks again for the review... I am starting to get really excited!!

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

We actually got married on Las Caletas so I'm sorry but I really can't answer your questions. We didn't have any music set up for the welcome party. We figured since it was on the beach it might be a bit noisy. As it turned out, we were set up close to the adult pool bar (which is really small so it was no big deal) and they had music playing there which was loud enough for us to enjoy too. It was nice, I think they turned it up a bith for us.

As I said, Rebecca was really helpful so I'm sure she'll help you plan a beautiful wedding. Sorry I can't be more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweekley View Post
Pazoop! Your wedding looked like it was absolute perfection. Your photos are amazing! I do have a few questions for you...we're staying at Dreams as well and we're wanting to do a Welcome Dinner the evening before the wedding. Our travel agent isn't much help in finding out costs (our agent kind of sucks but I'm starting to think it's too late in the game to switch -our guests needed travel info.). What did you pay for the welcome dinner? Was it included in the cost since Dreams is an AI?
We didn't serve a full dinner for our welcome party, just cocktails and hors'doeuvres (although there were lots there!). You do have to pay even though it's an all inclusive beacuse they do additional set up and have staff designated specifically for you. It ended up being about $15 pp for the welcome party, I think. A special event (or dinner) starts around $30pp and goes from there because it involves plated dinners, etc. We figured we had a rehearsal dinner too so we didn't go too wild with the welcome party.

The $15 pp covered the set up cost of the tables and the Mexican fiesta style decor, the hors'doeuvres (i think there were 7 or 8 choices and we had tons left over), all cocktails (and they made us a special cocktail too), and waitstaff.

Great review! I had tears in my eyes viewing the slide show! I am so excited to see LC! We go down to meet Kelley in two weeks and tour resorts/spots for a rehearsal dinner. Vista Grill is on my list!

I see you brought down your tableclothes at LC. How about the other decor on the tables? I love it and want to know if I should just tell Kelley to duplicate it : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bca33 View Post
I'm so happy your wedding turned out wonderful!!!!! I love the birds of paradise and heliconia-its beautiful. Is that something new they are doing or did you ask for that? Did Kelley provide all the stuff for the smores and the sparklers? I am definitely doing both of those! We have been going back and forth on if we should get the dj or just do the ipod ourselves- how did you like the dj? Sorry for all the questions!!!
Sorry i missed this the first time...I asked Kelley if it would be possible to line the aisle with birds of paradise and heliconia and/or ginger flowers. She asked the florist who said it would be! The sparklers Kelley was able to get for us (and we paid for) because it was just before New Years when I asked her and they were easily locatable. She wasn't sure she'd be able to get them so I'm not sure they're available all the time. Smores were something around $1.50 pp and LC provides all the necessary stuff. We were very happy we used the DJ, although we did send along a very detailed song list ahead of time and we were happy he made good use of it. It was just less stress for us to have a non-guest/professional delegated that responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verh0016 View Post
Great review! I had tears in my eyes viewing the slide show! I am so excited to see LC! We go down to meet Kelley in two weeks and tour resorts/spots for a rehearsal dinner. Vista Grill is on my list!

I see you brought down your tableclothes at LC. How about the other decor on the tables? I love it and want to know if I should just tell Kelley to duplicate it : )
Nathaniel did such an amazing job with the photos! I'm glad you liked the decor too! Thanks! I spent so much time agonizing...

You will love Kelley! She is so awesome! And she can tell you her opinion about the food/ambiance at Vista Grill first hand. We brought down the table numbers, table cards, holders, and a few of the other decor items. Kelley was able to get those round vases with the floating candles for me because she said she'd use them again, but I brought the actual floating candles and the white silk orchids (we went "real touch" silk but fake for those since they'd be submerged in water anyway). The centerpieces were just all circus roses and came from the florist. I sent her a photo and she matched it exactly.