10 replies to this topic

#1 Mishi

Mishi
  • 224 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
  • LocationVolcano, HI

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

I am helping a friend who just got back from eloped and had a destination wedding/honeymoon alone. They are having two receptions here in March and are wanting help with favors to give out. They are going to be cocktail parties with heavy snacks, etc. Anyone have any ideas? Since they got married on the beach in Mexico, I think they should go with the beach theme even though it will be March in NJ.
What do you girlies think?

#2 KatyKo

KatyKo
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

A lot of the girls are having beach themed AHRs and some girls are using a different theme for them. If the bride has a cool theme that she likes, then it honestly doesn't have to "match" the actual wedding.

I'm getting married in the DR...and I'm having a rustic country AHR with antique mason jars, wildflowers, lemonade and low country boil. So get creative! Good luck

#3 Cattie

Cattie
    • 594 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

I'm really not one to get reception gifts that are knick knacky. I'd rather have soemthing either A. I would use or B. Something that can be consumed.

For our AHR we're doing personalized Hershey Bars. Both the FI and I are big coffee drinkers, so I had also toyed with the idea of personalized coffee single serve bags.

Wine stoppers are also something I wouldn't mind getting. Small candles that are a beachy scent may also be a good idea, you can even do personalized labels on those. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't like candles!

Hope this helps!! My creative juices are toast tonight!

#4 merocket59

merocket59
      • 937 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

you could make seashell soaps or chocolates with molds from a craft store

#5 happygilmore

happygilmore
        • 576 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

I am all about the $$$! We are doing $1 scratch tickets and putting them in a little plastic cover with a sticker saying something like "Lucky in Love" Or "Holy MatroMONEY" or "We Get Half"

Good luck!

#6 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KatyKo
            A lot of the girls are having beach themed AHRs and some girls are using a different theme for them. If the bride has a cool theme that she likes, then it honestly doesn't have to "match" the actual wedding.

I'm getting married in the DR...and I'm having a rustic country AHR with antique mason jars, wildflowers, lemonade and low country boil. So get creative! Good luck
            I agree! If her wedding has a theme go with that.. I think that you can pretty much do anything.

Although, I do agree with Cattie as well on the idea of giving something that they can use. Maybe mini bottles of tequila bc they got married in Mexico? Personally, I would love that.. or margarita mixes so they can be made alcholic or non-alcoholic.

#7 J2K

J2K
            • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

We bought some 4" starfish cookie cutters and are giving out cookies as favors :)

#8 LandG

LandG
              • 152 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

What about luggage tags?

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

My good friend was married in Mexico in January and they had an AHR and they provided their guests with a framed picture of themselves from their wedding in Mexico (then they didn't have to mail them out), with a starfish bottle opener. 

#10 cGd41812

cGd41812
                • 154 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by happygilmore 

I am all about the $$$! We are doing $1 scratch tickets and putting them in a little plastic cover with a sticker saying something like "Lucky in Love" Or "Holy MatroMONEY" or "We Get Half"

Good luck!

Great idea!! love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users