Photo

Better to have a wedding in November or January?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 destinationbridegina

destinationbridegina
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

I was planning to get married this November at one of hte Riu Hotels, but someone was saying that January was a better month to get married based on weather conditions, Prices, and not as many people in january as well. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate any, deciding. It would be nice to get married in January especially since Canada is horrible with snow in that month as well.

Thanks!!

#2 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

Weather in January is probably better since November is the end of the hurricane season. However, you are more likely to find cheaper airfare/hotel for November because it is low season.

#3 gemstone

gemstone
      • 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

January has better weather and it is less busy. It will cost little more though than November.
        Traveling anywhere in the Caribbean in Oct or Nov though is a gamble with the weather since it is end of hurricane season. We were just there Nov/08 and it was great but friends of previous years weren't as fortunate.

gen

#4 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

We got married November 7 in Riviera Maya at the Iberostar resort, and we had great weather. It didn't rain at all and no hurricanes. One of our wedding guests went back to our resort this month and she said the weather was terrible. It was around 65-70 degrees and rained every day. They weren't able to spend any time time in the pool or at the beach. I'm not sure if the weather is normally like that in January, but I thought I would let you know.
          Michelle

#5 mrss2010

mrss2010
          • 87 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

We went to Dreams Cancun last November and the weather was fantastic. It was hot and sunny with no rain.

I don't know about January, though - we went to Grand Bahia in April of 2008 and the weather was really good then, too! Maybe we've just been really lucky!

#6 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
            • 443 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

you might have a problem in January with the weather leaving from Canada b/c of the snow.

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

I opted for January because of the weather as well...but we got rained out for our wedding day. So, you really cannot count on mother nature to help out!! LOL
                I personally would travel no earlier than mid-late November if you're going to do the fall. But it's always a gamble no matter where in the world you are going! Maybe global warming is completely screwing with us!
                I say picked whenever you want & cross your fingers - it's all a crap shoot anyway! Good luck!!

#8 courtney

courtney
                • 49 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

I got married January 10th we had great weather the week we were there and the resort wasn't super busy which was nice. I know the week after we left the weather was cooler. If you go on trip advisor and search for weather conditions in Playa it will give you link to a site that shows the weather trends from the past 5 years. January is usually great no rain but for some reason this year seems to be different. November however is part of hurricane season so I would say you are taking more of a chance. I had a friend get married in playa in November a few years ago and their wedding week was great weather but they stayed for an extra week and were evcuated because of a hurricane.

#9 skitt1es

skitt1es
                  • 144 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

I'm having the same problem deciding as well. But it's between mid November and December.

#10 t777a

t777a
                    • 99 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

check Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground is gives the weather for all the past years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users