Photo

Air Jamaica stopped flights out of ATL, MIA, & LAX

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Trice. This makes me feel a bit better that I will actually receive the refund sometime before my wedding!?!?!

#12 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
    • 349 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

The whole reason that we picked Jamaica was that from Baltimore AJ had 3 hour direct flights pretty much every day of the week. Now it seems like all of their flights are non existant. If I can find a flight they are $700 and only on certain weekends through March. This is so scary
      WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#13 Trice

Trice
      • 295 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:56 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sparkles8300
        The whole reason that we picked Jamaica was that from Baltimore AJ had 3 hour direct flights pretty much every day of the week. Now it seems like all of their flights are non existant. If I can find a flight they are $700 and only on certain weekends through March. This is so scary
        My advice would be to avoid Air Jamaica. I understand you want a direct flight but it's not worth it dealing with them. I have two aunts coming from Baltimore. They are on US Air flying from Baltimore to Charlotte, NC then on to Jamaica.

#14 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
        • 247 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sparkles8300
          Sparkles,
          not sure when in March you need tickets.. but when I just checked today, US airways has flights from BWI to MBJ starting at $299 (taxes included) with one stop in NC. I know its not direct but the flight time is 5 hrs.. about the shortest that I have found.. Im in the same situation as you.. expecting to fly from BWI to MBJ direct, but in August.

#15 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

I am just amazed! I got my AJ refund...and it only took a few weeks!

#16 Trice

Trice
            • 295 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

That's great. One of my guest received her refund today also. The others were processed on Friday and should arrive soon.

#17 ashley9078

ashley9078
              • 92 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

This is making me kind of nervous! We're all flying AJ out of JFK in July....hopefully they stay in business long enough! Good thing Jet Blue is now flying direct flights out of JFK just in case

#18 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                • 813 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

I understand your concerns! My entire family is flying out of JFK on Air Jamaica in May so I am crossing my fingers as well! Especially since they are taking a ton of luggage for us since we had to switch to US Air...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users