I'll be at SGOR March 5-14th

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jmhein

jmhein
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

Hi ladies,
    I am already married, had my dw last year at the Riu Ocho Rios, and we honeymooned for a second week at the Sandals Whitehouse.

We have just booked ourselves a slightly belated 1st anniversary trip to the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios! We actually had a voucher for three free nights for a Sandals of our choice because they messed up our honeymoon booking. We were supposed to honeymoon last year at the Sandals Royal Caribbean and even though I had vouchers and an invoice, our reservations were not in their system! We had to wait for 3 hours at the Montego Bay Airport while they figured out where to put us. It wasn't the best start to our honeymoon but we did enjoy our time at the Sandals Whitehouse, even though we didn't get the same room category, etc, that we would have at our original planned honeymoon. SOOOO, long story short, LOL, we complained and got a voucher!

With the amazing sale Sandals is having and SGOR being the "most discounted" we have decided to go there for 10 days and I am very excited. I really did love the great service that Sandals provides.

I know how it is to be a destination bride and want pictures and info of just about EVERYTHING, so feel free to ask me to take pictures of specific things, and I will do my best to take them while there.
    I'll post a review for you ladies when we're back!
    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#2 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
    • 856 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:02 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jmhein
      Hi ladies,
      I am already married, had my dw last year at the Riu Ocho Rios, and we honeymooned for a second week at the Sandals Whitehouse.

We have just booked ourselves a slightly belated 1st anniversary trip to the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios! We actually had a voucher for three free nights for a Sandals of our choice because they messed up our honeymoon booking. We were supposed to honeymoon last year at the Sandals Royal Caribbean and even though I had vouchers and an invoice, our reservations were not in their system! We had to wait for 3 hours at the Montego Bay Airport while they figured out where to put us. It wasn't the best start to our honeymoon but we did enjoy our time at the Sandals Whitehouse, even though we didn't get the same room category, etc, that we would have at our original planned honeymoon. SOOOO, long story short, LOL, we complained and got a voucher!

With the amazing sale Sandals is having and SGOR being the "most discounted" we have decided to go there for 10 days and I am very excited. I really did love the great service that Sandals provides.

I know how it is to be a destination bride and want pictures and info of just about EVERYTHING, so feel free to ask me to take pictures of specific things, and I will do my best to take them while there.
      I'll post a review for you ladies when we're back!
      Thank you so much for offering to do this....

Can you please take pictures of a beach wedding set-up if you see one or just pictures of the beach area to the left of the pier.
      Can you also take pictures of some of the restaurants and the night club.
      Lastly, can you please take pictures of your room and the bathroom in your suite.

Have a safe trip!!

#3 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

Will do!!
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#4 futuremrsp

futuremrsp
        • 37 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Hello!

Thanks a lot for doing this! We will be there not long after you...March 30th-April 9th. I would also love to see a beach wedding set-up, if possible. The pier looks lovely too; I know I won't be able to decide until we get there, but the only thing I haven't seen a picture of is the beach set-up.

Jamaica Bride's suggestions were great...ditto!

Thanks again and have a great time!

#5 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
          • 419 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

I am soo jealous. We talked about planning a repeat trip right around the same time you are using our income tax but decided to spend it on updating our house with new appliances and such. Now that I am back on this site I think I want to reconsider. I want to go back sooo bad. We are going back September of 2010 for sure with our friends so it kinda seems bad to go three years in a row...lol Have fun and make sure you visit Milton at the bar the in the Rivera building!

#6 bridget917

bridget917
            • 140 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

We got married there in August 08 and I'd go back in a heartbeat! We're planning a trip in 2010 and at first we were going to head back to SGOR, but others were interested in going with us (and there are kids involved) so we may very well just go to a Beaches resort instead. Right now we're looking at Tukrs & Caicos. Have a great time! You'll love SGOR!

#7 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

I am back and we had a great time! :) I will try to post some pics tonight as requested. I never did get pics of any restaurants though, sorry! But others were taken and will be posted later!

#8 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
                • 856 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jmhein
                  I am back and we had a great time! :) I will try to post some pics tonight as requested. I never did get pics of any restaurants though, sorry! But others were taken and will be posted later!
                  Glad to hear you had a great time... looking forward to seeing your pics!!

#9 jmhein

jmhein
                  • 665 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:03 PM

OK, Photobucket is giving me some trouble but I did get some photos uploaded and here they are:

I saw a beach wedding! It was just the two of them and they didnt do any extra decorations, just them on the beach, but this is the location for the beach weddings, it's the beach by the pier on the Beach Club side:
                    Click the image to open in full size.

We had a Honeymoon Plantation Villa, this was our bathroom:

Bedroom:

We had Concierge so had in-room liquor:

I will try to keep fighting with Photobucket and get some more up later! It was beautiful though, I loved the expansive lush grounds with the tropical flowers and greenery everywhere. Dont go expecting EXTREME 5-star luxury, this is more 4 star comfort, but it is wonderful and you will have a great time!!

#10 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
                    • 856 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users