• 5,209 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Thanks Carly!

#32 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

What about bkfst in bed?? Or maybe a nice living room picnic??
      DH is working on valentine's day so I'm going to cook a nice candlelight dinner. I can't wait to buy my first "husband" card!!! :)

#33 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

We always make fondue on V-day. I basically mimick The Melting Pot's menu and we have a quiet evening at home.

For the gift, we get something that we want as a couple. One year we picked out a digital camera together, another year we got our passports. Not the most exciting gifts, but they take the pressure off and we get something practical.

We haven't decided what we're getting this y ear, but we'll probably pick something off of our registry that we don't feel like waiting any longer for.

#34 samanthag

samanthag
        • 896 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

I loove all of ur ideas!!!!
          What about desserts?? I'm watching a local morning show right now & they are talking about Vday desserts. My problem is FI is not really a "sweets" person.
          Also, I never thought about the girls who are buying "Husband" cards for the first time! That gives me a little chill! How exciting!!!!!!

#35 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
          • 227 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Hubby and I are staying home and making Jamaican beef patties and some other food to remember our awesome wedding in Jamaica. We will probally make fondue dessert and have some cocktails. As for gifts we are keeping it small. I'm giving him a framed pic of me from our pro pics which are being delivered today. Also I always make my Reeses peanut butter cup brownies for him on Valentines day.

#36 samanthag

samanthag
            • 896 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

So now the Today Show is going to talk about what to buy ur pooch?
              What in the world??
              Does it ever end? Now I need to buy my labradoodle Rusty a Valentine gift too??
              lol

#37 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

That is ridiculous!!! Killick isn't getting anything - does that make me a bad mom!!?? lol

#38 cdc0427

cdc0427
                • 330 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Well, I am in a wedding on Valentines Day so after the wedding I booked a jacuzzi suite down the road from the wedding. I thought about decorating it but won't have enough time the day of the wedding.

#39 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cdc0427
                    Well, I am in a wedding on Valentines Day so after the wedding I booked a jacuzzi suite down the road from the wedding. I thought about decorating it but won't have enough time the day of the wedding.
                    Oh...that's so sweet!! Is there anyone you could recruit to decorate for you??

#40 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,861 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

Were actually having our work Xmas party that day.lol It will be good though. We get to go to Stage West, see a show, buffet dinner, hotel stay and buffet breakfast the next morning. So tons more than we would have done on our own!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users