Photo

What are your Valentine plans??

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
  • 582 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

I am not a big fan of Valentine's Day but it is also mine and Kenny's anniversary. We'll be together 4 years this Feb 14th. I got tickets to the laser light show at the Hayden Planetarium and then we'll probably go out and get smashed on tequila at a bar we like on the lower east side.

#22 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

Dolcegirl01: Our first Valentines Day together was a snowstorm; but anyway.. FI made me the most amazing dinner as it took me forever to get home from work and we missed our reservations. If you like beef, buy a really good cut angus prime rib or fillet.. Sear the outside on a hot pan and make a pocket in the middle - stuff the pocket with stilton cheese and then cook on a broiler to however you like it done. We did that with whipped potatoes and asparagus with creme brulee for dessert- was amazing! Yummy!

#23 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
      • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

Now.. for this year. Since Vday is on a Sat and FI has to work ---
        And yes, we are like a lot of people.. Vday is a Hallmark holiday for us as well; but we use it as a reminder/excuse to have a romantic date bc our lives are so hectic that we rarely have time to do that.

We are all about saving $$ and hate crowded restaurants - so we planned together to do a romantic picnic in our living room. Some really good wine, cheeses, maybe some kind of fondue, romantic music and/or a romantic movie along with lots of snuggling on our furry rug. That's the part he knows about.. what he doesn't know is...

I bought him a Goose Gossage Yankees jersey that he has wanted for years. When he gets home I will have everything set up for our picnic. Surprise will be that I will be wearing the jersey .. double the surprise on that will be that I will have something super sexy on underneath (I never wear lingerie, so he will be shocked) and that can be our appetizer. He he!

#24 Trice

Trice
        • 295 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

Well we will be attending a wedding on Valentine's Day. We don't have any other plans yet.

#25 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

I have been trying to come up with something nice my FI's 30th bday is on the 16th so I wanted to take him away but he feels its too close to the wedding, I was planning a surprise party for him but he does not want one. So now Im stumped.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#26 Inked1

Inked1
            • 161 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

We are heading to Vegas that weekend for our site visit. That and it is our Christmas gift to each other.

#27 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                I have been trying to come up with something nice my FI's 30th bday is on the 16th so I wanted to take him away but he feels its too close to the wedding, I was planning a surprise party for him but he does not want one. So now Im stumped.
                My new hubby just celebrated his 30th over Christmas. Since all our family & most of our friends are in another province - and all our local friends were busy with family Christmas obligations we didn't have a big party like I wanted for his 30th. But I bought him a flying lesson through an online "perfect day" site. He LOVED it! Said it was the best gift he had ever been given - maybe you could do something like that! Here is the website - I think it's only for Canada, but it could give you a few ideas. Perfect Day Experiences | Gift Ideas | Birthday Gifts | Christmas Gift Ideas | Xmas Gifts | Experience Vouchers

#28 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

I'm stumped. He always says he doesn't need or want anything, but I feel like I need to get him a little something at least. I thought about lingerie, but I do that every Valentines Day anyway, so that's not really a gift. So I thought I would ask yall to get some ideas. Thanks!

#29 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
                  • 202 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

I'm right with ya! I have no idea what to do!!! AHHHH!!!! :)

#30 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:29 PM

Check out this thread from last week - What are your Valentine plans?

I know it's not exactly what you were looking for, but kinda similar. Might give you some ideas.

I will merge these threads in a few minutes after giving you time to see this response...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users