Photo

What are your Valentine plans??

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

Well, Valentine's day is two days before I head out for Mexico....so I will be using a spa gift-card my best friend got me as a wedding shower gift to get a French mani & pedi, haircut & style and deep conditioning. My FI is paying for my hair to get dyed that day too (yay, my hair is soooooooo boring right now!) so I'll probably be there for a good 4+ hours. I'm so excited!!!

#12 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sloan
      Ive boycotted Valentines Day since HS - and Ive been a couple most Valentines Days. I personally think its a stupid day - single or not. However, FI and I are going to some charity gala event with a bunch of our friends. Free dinner and wine - hello! How could I turn that down? Plus I get to get dressed up and wear my new heels. Yay me.
      haha, that sounds like us. We don't usually do anything special since it's kind of a Hallmark holiday (no offence to anyone)...that and it's six days after FI's b-day, so we just do something for his b-day anyhow.

#13 samanthag

samanthag
      • 896 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by carly
        Oh, that sounds nice! I could use a little pampering

I actually only found your thread cuz I searched for "valentine". I am at a loss this year as to what to do for Matt. I usually buy him something practical and something fun, each time i buy him something. Usually, the something "fun" has something to do with sex. I just feel that is getting old and I should try something different. But I have no idea what!

I've already done the "go away for a weekend", "go to a super nice restaurant", "buy sexy lingerie", etc. route. Got any ideas

He's not really materialistic. Kinda the anti-materialistic. He thinks everything is a waste of money. Unless it has to do with his car, of course. Anyway, I am at a total loss. It's our first Valentine's married and I have no clue how to make it special!
        I'm with you. Although we have the plans at the resort I don't have anything planned for him just yet....
        Still thinking....
        We have lots of creative people on here we should be able to think of something...

#14 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

we also decidednot to do anything major this year, we will probably just go to dinner

#15 samanthag

samanthag
          • 896 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

I do admit that I hated Valentine's Day before I met FI.
            Maybe that's half my struggle??

#16 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

I did a search & came up with a few "for him" things!

Lovingyou.com: Romantic Ideas: Valentine for Him
              Lovingyou.com: Romantic Ideas: His Day of Love
              (I might do this one!!)
              How to Celebrate Valentine's Day All Year Long
              The 12 Days of Valentines
              Creative Valentine's Day Ideas

Hope this helps!! :)

#17 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

We usually just go to our favorite sushi place or get take-out and hang out at home. This year V-day is 10 days before my due date, so maybe we'll be having a baby that night instead!

#18 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

we've ordered in every v-day since our first together, when we were lost in a ghetto and 3 hours late for an overpriced dinner at a just-ok restaurant...however, this year, since our anniversary is 2/16, we'll be using our tao gift certificate on 2/13, and i'll be going back into nyc on 2/14 to spend the night with out of town friends.

#19 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

FI doesn't know but I am taking him for a suprise trip to Austin. We are going to go to 6th street and I got tickets for us to see his favorite band there! I just hope I don't ruin the suprise. I am so bad at them!!!

#20 samanthag

samanthag
                    • 896 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tylersgirl
                      FI doesn't know but I am taking him for a suprise trip to Austin. We are going to go to 6th street and I got tickets for us to see his favorite band there! I just hope I don't ruin the suprise. I am so bad at them!!!
                      That is awesome!!!!!!
                      Your FI is going to be super happy!!!!!
                      That makes for a wonderful Valentine Day!
                      Good for you girly!=)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users