Sign in to follow this  
BEACHBRIDEMA

Dance order?

I've always seen the bride and father dance first, but remember- it's a DW so the rules go out the door! We're actually combining them and I will dance with my dad while Jeff dances with his mom. It's a small wedding so we figured this would spare people from having to sit through two of these dances...

We're also doing our dances right away- before dinner, most likely.

OK, I'm retarted. I think I read the question wrong. You were asking if the bride and groom dance before or after the parents, not which one of the parent dances goes first...don't mind me, I've been off work for too many days and apparently my brain doesn't work anymore!

I've always seen the bride and groom dance their first dance, then the parents' dance (and usually the bride/dad first). OK, now I feel better...lol

Usually it's the first dance - bride & groom and then the parents dances.

We did our first dance right as we were introduced. It worked out great and really got our party started. (we danced to Into the mystic: the music started, they announced us, we walked in and started dancing.) my DH really liked it because it cut down on some of the dancing time.

We did a combo mother/son + father/daughter dance later on in the night before we cut the cake

I agree with the other girls. I have always seen the bride & groom dance and then the father-daughter dance and then the groom-mother dance.

-Glenda

~Tasha my BF's wedding song is Into The Mystic. So cute.

-Glenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
~Tasha my BF's wedding song is Into The Mystic. So cute.

-Glenda

that's funny. :) we picked it about an hour before the ceremony. nothing like waiting until the last minute!