Sign in to follow this  
christenew

My Negative Review of ROR

Sorry to hear about the ROR and the bad service. I've never really heard anything positive about sunquest. I'm surprised Chandlyn didn't inform the staff of the resort that you were the bride and groom. How embarrassing that your guests got flowers & towels and you didn't! Sorry that really sucks. Glad to hear you didn't get hassled about bringing in your own photographer.

Hopefully the photos make up for the experience overall. Congratulations and welcome back!

Despite all the crap it sounds like you had a great day! You look gorgeous and very happy!! I'm shocked you had so many issues..guess it depends on who you are dealing with..I agree with Skyservice..they wouldn't be my choice either!

Can't wait to see more pics!!

Sorry to hear about your experience but the pics that you posted so far are really nice & you were beautiful! At least you enjoyed your time with family & friends. Can't wait to see your pro pics!

So sorry to hear about your negative experience. We were there at the same time and had no issues with staff, but I guess it depends on who you get to clean your room, and there was one reception lady that was far from helpful to us as well, I wonder if it was the same lady?

I wanted to reference that picture of the beach sand benches, wasn't that amazing? I

found out later that whole setup wasn't even a wedding, it was a pharmaceutical company having a banquet or something. I was wondering how much that sand bench would be it was so neat, we went and sat on it later on after the guest from the banquet left!

So sorry to hear about your negative experience. We were there at the same time and had no issues with staff, but I guess it depends on who you get to clean your room, and there was one reception lady that was far from helpful to us as well, I wonder if it was the same lady?

And I'm happy you mentioned the plantation eating 'rules' they did try to serve us all our food before the other guests ate and we had to be stern and tell them no serve us salad then let everyone else eat. I don't understand that at all but for other ROR brides don't let them delay your reception, it's up to you when ppl eat not them. We got out of there right at 830 and we asked Chandlyn for the beach reception till 12 and she agreed as well? I'm not sure why the DJ and bartender were not accomadating considering it was the hotels fault you were late.

I wanted to reference that picture of the beach sand benches, wasn't that amazing? I

found out later that whole setup wasn't even a wedding, it was a pharmaceutical company having a banquet or something. I was wondering how much that sand bench would be it was so neat, we went and sat on it later on after the guest from the banquet left!

Sorry you were disappointed with your experience Christine! sad.gif Your pictures look beautiful though and I hope you do have a lot of happy memories to look back on!

Just wondering - have they changed the restaurant reservation policy? We were able to get reservations to the Japanese, Chinese, etc, by just phoning from our room? I never stood in any lines...?

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was less than stellar! sad.gif On the plus side, you looked so amazingly beautiful and you're married now!! cheesy.gif Thanks for the very honest review, I'm sure future ROR brides will appreciate it regardless!