Photo

I feel like my Wedding Day is being sabotaged!!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 bumbles

bumbles
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

How rude and immature! I think you should reply to the likes of "MP is a great resort and will certainly not be boring with everyone hanging out there!"

#22 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Yeah that was pretty rude of her. From her response you know what she's trying to make of her trip. A party and all about her!!!! Of course you want people to have fun but she's making it out to be a spring break trip or something. Your wedding is not a party for her and let her know that. And if she ends up going I wouldn't pay for her day pass!!!

#23 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
      • 582 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Your friends comment was completely out of line, inconsiderate and disrespectful to you. I see you spoke to her about it but I would certainly not let her off the hook that easily.

You deserve a huge apology.

Also, I would ask her to remove her comment from Facebook if she hasn't already.

#24 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
        • 258 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well the post on Facebook was through a msg from my other girlfriend and the rude girlfriend's travel companion. She was just forwarding on what she had e-mailed her I guess. My other gf said that it didn't matter to her as long as she wasn't paying an arm & a leg. I'm just not sure who she e-mailed or msg'd that comment to. Anyways, we have alot of ppl interested in a group deal and her comment didn't seem to steer them away from that.

Thank you for your comments/concern.. Sometimes I feel like you ladies are the only ones who understand!!

#25 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

The MP is far from boring! She's not in your wedding party is she? I think you guys are going above and beyond anyways by offering to pay for a day pass - that is SO rude! And if they don't want to pay an arm and a leg (whatever that is) they could just stay 3-4 days instead of the whole week - that would save money and you wouldn't have to pay for a day pass - or she could just stay home. Now wouldn't that be "boring"!

#26 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
            • 382 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

Okay I had to read this post, calm down and then read it again before I could reply. If this were me I would be FURIOUS!!!

My initial response would be to un-invite her through Facebook! I would post a nice little note saying we didn't need her at the wedding and that perhaps she should start thinking about growing up and not focusing on herself!

After calming down, I would still say that something must be said to her. I agree with Tlseege, in that she needs to understand what she is doing and that this is not her event. I would also ask her to either take down her early post, or post a new one with a better attitude.

Ashley

#27 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
              • 888 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, this chick sounds like a biatch. Yes, a wedding is a party. No, it's not her trashy spring break party. She seems like she's going to be high maintenance. I would let her know that you would appreciate her support and positivity. If she can't provide that, then she should reconsider attending.

#28 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                • 888 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, this chick sounds like a biatch. Yes, a wedding is a party. No, it's not her trashy spring break party. She seems like she's going to be high maintenance. I would let her know that you would appreciate her support and positivity. If she can't provide that, then she should reconsider attending.

#29 Sloan

Sloan
                  • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

Clearly she's not interested in being there for your wedding, but more for her own personal gain. I realize that people attend DW's to get a vacation in as well, but that crosses the line. If it were me - no invite would be showing up at her place, friend or not. Im vindictive that way.

#30 dursula

dursula
                    • 75 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:24 AM

I think that once you have prices for everyone, you email/facebook all invitees with the prices and include a lovely description of the chosen hotel and activities and how "contrary to some misinformation that has been floating about" will be a fun time to be had by all that chose to stay there.

(So there. In your face, thunder-wanna-be-stealer. Your true friends will know what a twit she was.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users