Sign in to follow this  
Cindy&London

I feel like my Wedding Day is being sabotaged!!

Yeah that was pretty rude of her. From her response you know what she's trying to make of her trip. A party and all about her!!!! Of course you want people to have fun but she's making it out to be a spring break trip or something. Your wedding is not a party for her and let her know that. And if she ends up going I wouldn't pay for her day pass!!!

Your friends comment was completely out of line, inconsiderate and disrespectful to you. I see you spoke to her about it but I would certainly not let her off the hook that easily.

You deserve a huge apology.

Also, I would ask her to remove her comment from Facebook if she hasn't already.

Well the post on Facebook was through a msg from my other girlfriend and the rude girlfriend's travel companion. She was just forwarding on what she had e-mailed her I guess. My other gf said that it didn't matter to her as long as she wasn't paying an arm & a leg. I'm just not sure who she e-mailed or msg'd that comment to. Anyways, we have alot of ppl interested in a group deal and her comment didn't seem to steer them away from that.

Thank you for your comments/concern.. Sometimes I feel like you ladies are the only ones who understand!!smile03.gif

The MP is far from boring! She's not in your wedding party is she? I think you guys are going above and beyond anyways by offering to pay for a day pass - that is SO rude! And if they don't want to pay an arm and a leg (whatever that is) they could just stay 3-4 days instead of the whole week - that would save money and you wouldn't have to pay for a day pass - or she could just stay home. Now wouldn't that be "boring"!

Okay I had to read this post, calm down and then read it again before I could reply. If this were me I would be FURIOUS!!!

My initial response would be to un-invite her through Facebook! I would post a nice little note saying we didn't need her at the wedding and that perhaps she should start thinking about growing up and not focusing on herself!

After calming down, I would still say that something must be said to her. I agree with Tlseege, in that she needs to understand what she is doing and that this is not her event. I would also ask her to either take down her early post, or post a new one with a better attitude.

Ashley

Yeah, this chick sounds like a biatch. Yes, a wedding is a party. No, it's not her trashy spring break party. She seems like she's going to be high maintenance. I would let her know that you would appreciate her support and positivity. If she can't provide that, then she should reconsider attending.

Yeah, this chick sounds like a biatch. Yes, a wedding is a party. No, it's not her trashy spring break party. She seems like she's going to be high maintenance. I would let her know that you would appreciate her support and positivity. If she can't provide that, then she should reconsider attending.

Clearly she's not interested in being there for your wedding, but more for her own personal gain. I realize that people attend DW's to get a vacation in as well, but that crosses the line. If it were me - no invite would be showing up at her place, friend or not. Im vindictive that way.

I think that once you have prices for everyone, you email/facebook all invitees with the prices and include a lovely description of the chosen hotel and activities and how "contrary to some misinformation that has been floating about" will be a fun time to be had by all that chose to stay there.

(So there. In your face, thunder-wanna-be-stealer. Your true friends will know what a twit she was.)