Photo

promovision for photography?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 smith3576

smith3576
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hi! Has anyone used promovision for their photographer? I have found reviews of their videos, which are all positive, but was wondering about using them as a photographer too.
    We're married! Jamie

#2 nikkigard

nikkigard
    • 200 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

I am actually looking for the same information! Looking foward to the responses!

#3 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

I'm sure you'll find all the info you need. Have you tried the search option?

Best of luck!

d!no

#4 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

Jamie,
          I used promovision for my wedding this past friday! Of coarse I don't have anything to show you yet... but they were prompt, professional, and spoke english:)
          If you PM me I'll send you my teaser link when I get it. It might be a couple of weeks.

#5 nikkigard

nikkigard
          • 200 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

Kate - did you use promovision for photography or for videography? I know a lot of people have used them for videography but was wondered if you also used them for your photography as well?

#6 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nikkigard
              Kate - did you use promovision for photography or for videography? I know a lot of people have used them for videography but was wondered if you also used them for your photography as well?
              I just used them for video... he is waiting on me for some stuff so haven't gotten it yet- sorry girls. They put together a slide show with pictures of us growing up and together- cute huh?

Did you ask him for samples?

#7 tcuvicki

tcuvicki
              • 75 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

I am using them for my video and when I asked my wedding planner if I should use them for photos too. She said they are best at the video and she recommended that I look at other options for photos. She never came out and said they wern't good, but she just implied I should use someone else for photos. Hope this helps.

#8 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
                • 612 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

I'm still considering using Promovision for photography. My conversations with Ray were good, and I liked most of their samples. My friend said for me to just make sure I pick out certain styles I see in their portfolio that I like and make sure to let him know that style. His pricing is what I'm looking for, because I already have one friend that is coming that is a semi-professional photographer, so I don't want to spend too much.
                  I was also thinking of hiring someone that may be out of my budget but just hire them for a shorter amount of time.
                  If anyone has some concrete advice for Promovision, let us know!
                  Thanks girls!
                  ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                  My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#9 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

They have 2 pkg prices, one $700 and one $1000. I did the larger pkg and there was 2 camera operators, they were there for 8 hrs, I received 4 DVDs that were edited with chapters and music overs, a summary hosted online to share, and a slideshow with our childhood pics set to music.

I love my video and am so happy to have it!

#10 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
                    • 612 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:24 AM

Kate, that is good to hear! I heard they do great videos, but you didn't use them for photography, correct? Didn't you use someone else for photography?
                      ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                      My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users