Photo

Why I HATE David's Bridal...very LONG...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

Rachel -- Soooo sorry to hear about your colossal mess at your David's Bridal location! I guess I lucked-out with my DB experience!

My local store is in York, PA and I dealt with a consultant named Stacy (on a Saturday, during Homecoming season & a Bridal Sale weekend), and she was precisely on time for my appointment and a total doll! I only tried on 5 dresses (which took 2 hours!), but she never seemed agitated or tried to rush me and those I brought with me for opinions (Mom, FMIL, & sister).

I ended up getting a dress that day, with no alterations needed, and walked out of there a happy camper! I even got a handwritten Thank You note in the mail from Stacy saying she enjoyed working with me and that I was one of the most fun and "bubbly" brides she had the pleasure to serve -- sweet, thoughtful touch!

I hope the rest of your potential dealings with DB go more smoothly, if you decide to go with them for your BM's dresses -- my fingers are crossed for you!

#32 michelle6114

michelle6114
    • 209 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:13 AM

I am so sorry you had to go through that.....whenever I have a problem anwhere, I ask for a manager. That always helps. Have you tried calling their corporate offices to complain? I just ordered my dress from DB even though they had my size/dress on the rack. I have to say,, out of the 4 bridal stores I hit that day, they were the nicest and most helpful even though they were very busy.
      I hope this can get straigtened out for you
      P.S I am sure a lot of us would love to have the dillema of choosing between a size 0 or 2!!! Lucky girl!

#33 staceysbride

staceysbride
      • 245 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

Rach,

Isn't it sad that DB has such a hold on the market that sometimes you feel almost forced to HAVE to buy from them for things no matter your experiences there? I'm still tempted to write a letter (as if anyone would care, lmao) so that the
        OMG! Again, I hate hate hate them...I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know you will find a dress that you love elsewhere! You've got plenty of time!

If anyone is interested in an update, my DB dress (size 2) is still sitting in my closet. I need to make an appointment for alterations soon, as I'm coming up on 2 months. I guess I'm just not super-excited to wear it. I do love it, but I was hoping something else would come along (in my pricerange) that I love more, but that just hasn't happened.

I'm also having an issue because the BM dresses I want are from DB, and I'm debating whether or not to give them any more money!

#34 staceysbride

staceysbride
        • 245 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

michelle,

I thought of asking for a manager but was so humilated to be made to feel the way I did, that it was all I could do to get out of the store. Really, if you saw me, you'd swear I was lying about being a 14 or 16. My trouble area (we all have them I suppose) is just my back. And I'm really self concious about it. To have her- a girl who was easily 4 inches shorter than me and easily 2-3 sizes larger- making fun of not being able to zip me up with another associate just made me feel ugly. I actually went home and cried and called my FH and asked how he could love a fat cow like me. Needless to say, DFH implemented the 'DB will get NONE of our money for the wedding rule'.
          I am so sorry you had to go through that.....whenever I have a problem anwhere, I ask for a manager. That always helps. Have you tried calling their corporate offices to complain? I just ordered my dress from DB even though they had my size/dress on the rack. I have to say,, out of the 4 bridal stores I hit that day, they were the nicest and most helpful even though they were very busy.
          I hope this can get straigtened out for you
          P.S I am sure a lot of us would love to have the dillema of choosing between a size 0 or 2!!! Lucky girl!

#35 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
          • 354 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

I haven't had a chance to read the other posts, but have you thought about going to a seamstress or another bridal shop and have them do the alterations for you since you don't feel good about DB? I know what you mean about DB though. I went to the one in Manchester, CT and it just seemed like they were trying to get as many people in and out as possible. I did not like it at all!!! Luckily, I already knew what dress I wanted and there are only 2-3 bridal boutiques in CT that carry that designer so I was able to get the exact dress I wanted. And the floor model fit me so well that I got a huge 40% discount off for buying the floor model. Anyway, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I would definitely suggest trying a seamstress or taking the dress to another bridal boutique to have it altered.
            - Grace
            Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
            Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
            Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
            Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users