tcuvicki
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

I love the brochures! They look great!

#52 kurz04

kurz04
    • 16 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

I love your boarding pass invites, they look great! And your detailed info was very helpful, thanks! If you don't mind could you e-mail the templates etc you attached, i don't have enough points to access them yet but would love to take a look. kurz04@hotmail.com

#53 Mel&B

Mel&B
      • 613 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

I also have a pp brochure converted to a PDF, but when I ordered a proof in Vista Print, there is one area where some random white stuff shows up in the background. I called Vista Print, and they said I needed to flatten the layers before converting the file. I've spent all evening trying to figure this out, and I'm stumped! What did you do to make this work. I just have this one final step to go through... please help. :)

#54 Ayita

Ayita
        • 861 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mel&B
          I also have a pp brochure converted to a PDF, but when I ordered a proof in Vista Print, there is one area where some random white stuff shows up in the background. I called Vista Print, and they said I needed to flatten the layers before converting the file. I've spent all evening trying to figure this out, and I'm stumped! What did you do to make this work. I just have this one final step to go through... please help. :)
          I must say that I have no idea. Mine came out well and I did not even order a proof. i don't know what "flatten the layers" mean, this is photoshop language not powerpoint... in photoshop when you're finished working with your layers you have to save the final pic as a .jpg, this flattens it all. In Powerpoint, this concept does not exist.

Does the white stuff appear in the pdf file ? If not, it should not appear at printing. If it does appear on the pdf, you might have to select these elements in your ppt file, and send them to the back so that they become hidden.

Other than that, no idea. Did you tell vistaprint you were working with ppt not photoshop ?

#55 Mel&B

Mel&B
          • 613 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

It does not appear in the pdf at all, but when vista print created a proof for me, it showed up. I can't even see the weird white stuff in my pp file or my pdf- only on their proof. It's so weird! Maybe I'll just order and hope for the best. They are free, after all. :)

#56 Ayita

Ayita
            • 861 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mel&B
              It does not appear in the pdf at all, but when vista print created a proof for me, it showed up. I can't even see the weird white stuff in my pp file or my pdf- only on their proof. It's so weird! Maybe I'll just order and hope for the best. They are free, after all. :)
              what does it look like ? The white stuff ? Do you have a pic ?

#57 lupearroyo

lupearroyo
              • 82 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

WOW!! you are so creative!

#58 Sammygurlj

Sammygurlj
                • 165 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

Great job! They look awesome. And thanks for the great info.

#59 iceapple

iceapple
                  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:58 AM

Ayita, did you print the image on the boarding pass or it came with the paper ?

#60 midnight24

midnight24
                    • 754 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

they look awesome. good ideas too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users