My invitations boarding pass + brochures are ready to go ! Pics + templates

First I want to thank all the brides from who I stole ideas ! Morgan for the brochure, MarieSam for the stickers and the jacket template, I don't remember who for the jungle theme… I ended up making my own templates so time for me to return the favor, they are attached in this thread !

It was a very fun project to do ! I did the design and Fi and I did the realization – printing, trimming, perforating, tying and sticking… All the templates are attached at the end.

Here is our little craft station :

Click the image to open in full size.

For the jackets :

-Card stock from Hobby Lobby, all the paper was 50% off – 0.39 a sheet becoming 0.19

-Shiny paper from Hobby Lobby – 0.59 a sheet becoming 0.25

-Plam tree puncher from Michaels – I think 11$

-Glue dispensers – 3 of them – 5$ each

-We printed them in black and white at Kinko's because the card stock was too thick for our printer. However, when you bring your own paper and it's black and white, it's only like 15 or 20 ct a sheet. So cheap

-I used the following fonts that I got from dafont or font101 : traveling typewriter ; Stylin' BRK ; Urban Sketch ; BlackJack.

For the invites : I spent quite some time on photoshop preparing the perfect tropical leaves ! We used :

-Cardstock from Michaels (3 packs at 5$ each) and then from Walmart for the remaining, as we did not have enough with the ones from Michaels. The ones from Micahels have a nice pattern on them, the ones from Walmart were just plain but it still came out nice

-A combo trimmer / rotary trimmer from Costco 26$

-Corner punch from Michaels 5$

-I got the following fonts from dafont or font101 : traveling typewriter ; Stylin' BRK ; Urban Sketch ; BlackJack ; Code128. I think the following were already in the system : Bradley Hand ITC ; Kaiti ; Trajan Pro ; HGS Minchol ; Calibri ; Papyrus. I attach pdf of how they look like once finished.

-We ended up printing these at home, on our HP printer, it worked very well.

-Note that I had to save them to a pdf format first, because otherwise the transparent boxes would print plain instead of transparent.

I printed the first page 3 times for each second page, because of the way my template is. It worked fine.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the envelopes :

-Two packs of ivory envelopes from Hobby Lobby – 5$ each

-OfficeMax full sheet labels for the stickers

-Square punch from Michaels 11$

I used the left-out from the shiny green paper of the inside of the pockets to cut out more palm trees to stick next to the mailing labels.

For the mailing labels :

-Mailing labels from Walmart 4$ - they are the Avery 18163

I made my own template on word, and used the mail merge function to create the labels. The attached template will work with the above templates (you get 10 labels per sheet). However, if you want to modify it it’s easy : in word 07, in "mailings", click on "start mail merge", then "new label" ; you can then enter your own dimensions. Word will erase the prior template (including the pics) to replace them with your new dimensions, so make sure you save the pics somewhere before proceeding.

For the pics, you have to make a special formatting. Right click on them, select "text wrapping" and then "behind text". In word 2003 I think this is in "format", "position" or something like that. Once you have done that, go to the tab "picture position" and make sure the position is absolute compared to the page, rather than text or cell or anything else. In word 2003 I think you need to click "advanced" in "position" tab but not sure.

You have to be patient and print several times on a sheet of paper to make sure the labels fit your template.

I also include the format for the guests that I used in this mail merge.

For the Return labels :

-Return labels from Walmart 4$. It's avery 18195.

I used WM tree font for the little trees. Same as above, if you need to reformat…

For the pre-wedding brochure : thanks Morgan !!! I prepared my template on powerpoint using Morgan's template ; then did my own stuff with my own pics for the background ; saved as pdf and sent to Vistaprint. I used the following fonts (system or dafont) : papyrus ; stylin' BRK (in the monogram) ; Blackjack ; JI chimichanga ; Cartoon ; HGMinchol.

My only regret in all this is that we changed the time for the ceremony all way through, and the times on the brochure and the invites do not match… actually, the invites themselves do not match, as I put a "boarding time" that is the old time, whereas the "itinerary" has the right ones in them…I guess nobody will actually notice !

Here are the templates... originally they are office 07 but I had to save them to earlier formats as the forum would not accept the older ! So I don't know if all the features will remain.

The return labels font are WMTrees and Tempus sans ITC.

For some reason the ppt files will not upload. sad.gif don't know what to do about this ! They are the right size and the right format though ? Sorry girls sad.gif

Edit : I tried several times but nope ! Maybe I can mail them to somebody that does not have upload issues ?

Labels word 97-03.doc

Wedding guests list for mail merge.xls

return labels.doc

Invitations english ppt 93-03.pdf