Are kids coming to your destination wedding?

Only my fiancéeâ€s niece and nephew. They are 9 and 10 so it shouldn't be too bad. I have another friend who I think may bring her son. I prefer not to having any children there but we can't leave his niece and nephew behind.

I am excited to have children at my reception.  I have a son who will be the ring bearer and 2 goddaughters who will be flower girls.  I am not sure how many other people will be bringing children, but I am thinking of how to arrange a sitter for the reception and other late nights.  But for the most part, this is a vacation for my family as well as a celebration of our marriage.

I wouldn't dream of not having children, I personally believe weddings are about bring a family together as well as a couple and children are the future of that. I don't gripe when people don't have children but 1. Be thoughtful of those with kids. We are going to a wedding this weekend that is on the Thursday at 430 which means in order to go we have to find a sitter in the middle of the day, the sitter can't be a relative who you would trust to pick up the kids )plus they are all going) friends are at work do they can't and you can't get a teen to donut because thy can't transport the kids and they have school the next day. Bust as a bride I feel she cant be angry when people don't attend

• 2 weeks later...

Whether or not to invite children was a discussion my FI and I had. We wanted to have the wedding at an adults only resort but after consulting with our siblings we decided to choose a family resort. The compromise was...

We are inviting children to the ceremony, but the cocktail hour and reception are adults only. We are providing childcare, a cousin will watch the children in a suite. We'll have video games, movies and room service pizza. Depending on the number of children, we may hire a sitter to help out. The hotel provides childcare so we can request someone to come for a few hours.

• 3 months later...

We'll be probably having 20-25 kids from the age of 0-2 (30%) up to 4-5 (50%) and further up to 7/12 (20%) year old attending our wedding with their parents. So the question is - how to manage this? I would really prefer to avoid too much noise during (1) the ceremony, (2) at dinner. How to address this issue to the parents invite? Should we do a couple of kids tables at dinner / any age or starting from 5-6 y.o. when they can eat on their own? How many babysitters may we need (1 per 10 kids)? Has anyone got some experience with that? Thanks in advance for sharing!

We decided to have kids at our destination wedding but i agree that the  most reasonable way to not inculde kids would be have it at a adults only resort. This way you dont have to say no kids or get a suprise that people bring there kids even though you have stated you prefer no kids.

We do not pay for guests accomodation only suggesting them where to stay, it is a small island so all the hotels are closed by and not many resorts. I would prefer to have adult only wedding but a lot of our friends have babies, and small kids, I am already greatful if they make an effort to come, and dont want to make them feel pressure to have nanny, so it's up to them, but we will send email offering nanny service for the wedding date if they would like. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm having an adults only wedding.  My fiance and I fell in love with the resort we picked years before we were engaged.  We always told family when the time came that it would be at this specific resort and that it was adults only.  Years ago that was not a problem as there were no kids in either of our families.  Fast forward 4 years and my 3 sisters I'm one of 4 all have had 1 child each.  I now have 3 nephews ages 6 months, 2 years old, and 3 years old.  By the time I get married they will be 1 1/2 years old, 3 years old and 4 years old.  When I got engaged I was scared to even bring up the adults only resort again since now we had to think about accomdating kids/nephews.  Luckily my sisters were so understanding and pushed me to keep the adults only resort and said they would figure out who would babysit they are leaving them with grandparents and other family.  I planned my wedding as a long weekend also so they wouldn't be gone for too long.  I would love my nephews to be there but they are so young right now they won't even remember the wedding or really be involved.  Plus my sisters are my moh and bridesmaids I can't imagine them even focusing on me the day of the wedding if all 3 of them had to take care of their kids.  My one sister the MOH was a little sad she couldn't bring her son and contemplated staying at another resort so she could bring him but this summer we went on a family trip with all the boys and that was an eye opener for all of my sisters, now no kids allowed lol.  They are all looking forward to and an adult weekend away from the kids.