Are kids coming to your destination wedding?

I totally disagree sad.gif My daughter is only going to be 9 months old when we go to Mexico. I have more fun with her than I do most people. Most parents know that there is not easy access to baby food/supplies.. this is why they bring their own. I have been on vacation twice with my little one and I know this. I can't imagine NOT bringing my daughter and letting her experience different cultures.

Also, children under 2 fly for free on most airlines and stay free at most resorts/hotels.

If someone invited me to their wedding and either told me or put on the invitation that it was Adult Only I would not be offended in the slightest.

On the other hand, if they said nothing at all I would never just FORCE my child on other people (not really sure what that means since I would be the only one taking care of her). I would definately call to inquire about bringing her or not.

I didn't say anything about children on my invitations, but I just thought it would be a given since I have a daughter and she would obviously be with us. But, I did have a couple phone calls from guests wondering if they could bring their children. So, hopefully yourguests will do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanbridewithquestions View Post
I know that it is okay to have an adults only ceremony and reception. But it is okay to have an adults only destination wedding? Meaning not allowing kids to come to the resort. We would like to have an adults only weekend, and not be around screaming kids and breast feeding. If we did allow kids we would have around 30 kids there and completely change the tone of the weekend.

How do we communicate this to our guests?

If you are only going for a week-end then I really don't see a big problem with the whole adult only thing. As long as you give them more then enough time to arrange babysitting for the 4 days away. To keep it with the Adult theme I would book your wedding at an Adult only resort. However if you are going to go for a week then the guest you invite more then likely not be able to join you because of price. So you need to look at how many people you would invite with kids? If half of the people have a family then you need to be prepared to have half your guest possibly not go.

I myself have 2 children going. My MOH's 7 year old and my Photographers 5 year old. They are making it a family vacation.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1980 View Post
Beware to the Vegas bride, our invites specifically had the names of invited guests ONLY, and when we called FH's brother to confirm the no kid thing, he said "Oh well we're already starting on baby's paperwork for her passport." ...

If you really want adults only, then you might need to open your mouth and say the words "adults only", or else don't be mad when ppl just ASSUME their kids are invited.
Yeah, I get what you mean. ;-)

Fortunately, all of my guests understand that the ceremony, reception, and after-party are pretty adult-oriented by the nature of the venues and planned activities. If they choose to bring their kids to Vegas, IMO, it is their problem to figure out what to do with them during the ceremony, reception, etc. If they end up bringing them to ceremony, reception, etc., it wouldn't bother me all that much, and I think they'd be embarrassing themselves more than anyone else. I don't think any of the guests I plan to invite are that rude and clueless, though. (The beauty of a small wedding is that you only invite people who you *want* to have there and who also have a clue!)

I know that there are a few people who will have a tough time arranging for babysitting, so they will either have to stay home or bring the kids to Vegas with them. If it becomes a real problem, then we'll probably hire a nanny for the day of the wedding to watch over the kids of the people who brought them.

• 3 years later...

Me and my fiance are inviting children to the resort, but are not sure about inviting them to the actual wedding. My sister in law is bringing her mother-in-law to watch her kids and a few other kids, so most of the kids are all set. But what do I say to the other people that are coming (I don't know exactly if they are bringing their kids or not). I would rather have kids not come only because we have sooo many kids in our family. I just don't know how I would word it on the invitations. Any suggestions?

I have a 5 year old niece (flower girl!) who I would never exclude from my wedding, and FI has 2 young cousins (8 and 6 I believe).  Other than that, I'd really prefer not to have kids.  This might sound tacky, but we're trying to keep it small, and if I can't invite some friends that I ended up excluding, I don't want to be paying for my friends' kids either.  I'm planning to leave their names off of invitations and hopefully it will be clear.  Most of my friends' kids are still very young (3 and under), and the parents want the time away anyway.  That said, if someone asks if they can bring their kids, I won't say no.  Just hoping people will take the hint.  But if they don't and they're traveling that far to come to my wedding, I'm not going to tell them they can't bring their kid(s).

I have a few friends and family members who have kids. What we did was we picked a kid friendly wedding resort with an adults only sister resort next door. Most of friends without kids are staying at the adults only. This gives people the option of which resort they want to stay at. We are staying at the adults only but we will be going between both resorts as the are connected. :)

There are too many kids in our family, which is very costly.  The only kids at our wedding will be our own 2 children who will be ages 15 and 6.  Another reason why we chose not to have kids at the wedding is because we want it to be beautiful and peaceful for us and our guests.  That's why we chose July because it's easier for people to find a babysitter during that time then during school time.  We will still give guests the option of bringing their kids, but they cannot attend the wedding.

Originally Posted by lalalal1z View Post

Me and my fiance are inviting children to the resort, but are not sure about inviting them to the actual wedding. My sister in law is bringing her mother-in-law to watch her kids and a few other kids, so most of the kids are all set. But what do I say to the other people that are coming (I don't know exactly if they are bringing their kids or not). I would rather have kids not come only because we have sooo many kids in our family. I just don't know how I would word it on the invitations. Any suggestions?

What I'm doing is when I send out the save the dates I am not including the accommodations pricing for children, maybe they will get the hint that way without me actually having to say spell it out on the invitation....LOL!  If they do ask then I will tell them that they can bring kids, but it's their responsibility to find a babysitter out there because kids cannot attend the wedding.  Hope this was helpful :)

• 3 weeks later...