Photo

What time is your beach ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

My fiance and I were thinking of having a mid morning wedding around 10 or 11 am. Is this too early? We're getting married in Florida and wanted to avoid the afternoon sun?

Did anyone have an early wedding, how was it waking up sooo early to get ready?

#2 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
    • 512 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

My wedding time is set for 4:00 p.m. because it's right on the beach and the morning/midday sun would be ridiculous. Plus, it means no one has to wake up THAT early and we're set for dinner right after the ceremony and pics. :)

#3 sarafish81

sarafish81
      • 353 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

My wedding is also at 4pm...initially it was set for a different day at 10am but I thought it would be so rushed in terms of hair appts, setting up the ceremony, etc. and then I wasn't keen on sitting in my dress in the heat until the 6pm reception.

#4 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
        • 133 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

Mine is at 3pm.. hopefully it won't be too warm.. but I wanted to have plenty of time for picyures before the sun went down..

I wanted a 11am wedding.. figured get the wedding out of the way and get the party started!!!

#5 SAM

SAM
          • 542 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

Our wedding is set for 5:30pm. I did this for 2 big reasons; less crowds and sunset photos. Also I'm not a morning picture in any way so I didn't want to be to crabby for the wedding.

#6 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

We are having ours at 4:30pm. We're on vacation we don't want to get up super early to get ready. Plus we'll have enough time for lighted pictures, and beautiful sunset pictures. plus we can have cocktails right after and dinner, and party all night!

#7 Lillie09

Lillie09
              • 114 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

My ceremony is at 6pm.

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

Our ceremony is at 3 so we have time for picts/video before our reception.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 amanda nauman

amanda nauman
                  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

My ceremony is at 5:15. The sun sets technically at 5:38 on our wedding day. But we wanted a sunset wedding. It sounds like you are looking for a morning wedding for a reason. I would suggest asking whoever your photographer is what time they would suggest in the am. They know what type of sun will affect your pictures the most.

#10 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
                    • 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amanda nauman
                      My ceremony is at 5:15. The sun sets technically at 5:38 on our wedding day. But we wanted a sunset wedding. It sounds like you are looking for a morning wedding for a reason. I would suggest asking whoever your photographer is what time they would suggest in the am. They know what type of sun will affect your pictures the most.
                      That's a VERY good tip ... talk to your photog because the sun will make a huge difference for your photos! Good call Amanda!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users