• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#261 katie424

katie424
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Meagan*
    Katie- I was married at Beaches T&C but we paid for everything there! Believe me you do not need to pre pay. The Miami planners push that so they can make commission. We paid for our videographer when we got there. If your using their photog you can book that there as well. If you are wanting to do the 3 hour reception.. I think you may want to book that before you go. So you can plan but beautiful beginnings is simple and usually doesnt need to be paid for.

Im confused have you not chosen your ceremony time yet?
    Thank you!
    We do have our wedding time set for 3pm. We have more than 10 rooms booked so we are a group and a lot of the wedding fees were waived. We are just in the state of mind that it will be better to see the resort and feel how the day feels before we finalize everything. We have a good idea in mind what we want (probably a 2 hour reception) but have a hard time paying non-refundable $$ site-unseen. Especially if we decide to do just a cocktail reception and then go to one of the restaurants as a group. We plan to have a reception, so there is some privacy, but with a 3pm wedding we have some flexibility. I generally know what we "plan" on in our minds, but if it is not what we expected then we are out all that money.

I know that is the nature of the destination wedding, and we are thrilled to be doing one, but just hesitant to drop the dough before we get there and take it all in!

Anyone else experienced anything that they wish they would have pre-booked and didn't?

PS Meagan -- I saw your wedding pix/review you looked stunning!

#262 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

Thanks katie! We did the free cocktail hour/reception and then we all went to dinner at one of the restauarants. The wedding coordinator set it up when we met with her and everything was perfect. I coudlnt see the point in spending the extra money at an all inclusive resort. I dinner was very private and perfect. As was the free reception. The only concern I have is other brides can choose a two hour reception, pay for it and then u could be out of that option. Beaches does up to ten weddings in a day, so that is def something to think about. All the locations in T&C were very nice, so that def shouldn't be a problem in jamaica.

#263 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Don't mind my typos. I'm typing this on my phone at work! Sorry. I promise I know how to spell restaurant and couldn't

#264 jeannajj

jeannajj
        • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

How did you do your flowers again. They are gorgeous!!!

#265 katie424

katie424
          • 36 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

Future Beaches Brides -- we just returned from our wedding - of course to 50 degree weather, sad. I will post another review in a different section as well, but just wanted everyone to know that it is a remarkable resort, the wedding was fantastic, and beautiful. They really have it down well to accommodate nearly anything you could imagine and I wouldn't change a thing!

#266 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
            • 196 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Oooh Katie-can't wait to read your review!!!! Congrats!
              Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#267 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
              • 361 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by katie424
                Future Beaches Brides -- we just returned from our wedding - of course to 50 degree weather, sad. I will post another review in a different section as well, but just wanted everyone to know that it is a remarkable resort, the wedding was fantastic, and beautiful. They really have it down well to accommodate nearly anything you could imagine and I wouldn't change a thing!
                Congratulations on your wedding! Did you end up prepaying? Did you have any trouble have a sit down dinner reception without advanced notice? They are so well put together :)

#268 katie424

katie424
                • 36 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich
                  Congratulations on your wedding! Did you end up prepaying? Did you have any trouble have a sit down dinner reception without advanced notice? They are so well put together :)
                  Everything turned out awesome. I posted a full review - if you search "Beaches Negril Review" it should come up. http://bestdestinati....-review-58542/

We did end up pre-paying for some things, like 4 days before we left. We waited until we got there to do the photography, and we upgraded my bouquet (which was a little expensive) but worth it!

I think if we had a smaller group, we wouldn't have worried about it, but I definitely noticed that since we were a larger group they were a little more particular. Understandable. There was also a wedding the same day with almost 100 people!!!! So here we thought we were a big party with 30! Ha - not so much! They actually got some good spaces automatically because they were such a large group.

It all worked out in the end!

#269 Jocobo

Jocobo
                  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

anyone going to be at Beaches Negril between jan 29 and feb 5 2011

#270 kimberly333

kimberly333
                    • 283 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

Hi, Getting married 10-11 at Beaches Negril. Thanks for the thread. You answered a lot of questions for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users