• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#191 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich
    I am reading through the Beaches blog and NEED more posts!! I want to see all of the uploads, at this rate Ill be married and trying to post to see the photos!
    hey there! Be as involved in the forum as possible. It is really easy to get the 150 posts. Welcome all of our new BDW's! and get involved in the threads everyone posts! You'll do it!

#192 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
    • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

SUch a challenge!

#193 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
      • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:13 AM

did you ever get your details sorted? Anoyyying!!!!!

#194 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
        • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

no, I wish!! But looking at all of the Beaches resort pictures, I LOVED the pools there! Are you getting nervous yet? Its coming soon!! (3 months 1 day for us!! :))))))))

Ali

#195 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
          • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich
            I did a search of Amber's name and came up with stacks of complaints about her response time... guess we are all in it together. (she is personable when contactable...)
            If I had to guess, I'd say there are multiple weddings going on each and every day. That's a LOT to handle for just one WC!! I try to keep that in mind when Amber is slow getting back to me. But I realize that's easy for me to say when my wedding is still 6 months away. When I get to that 3 month mark, I'm sure I'll start freaking out when she doesn't get back to me quick enough, lol. I wonder if Beaches realizes that they could probably benefit from another coordinator to help out?
            Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#196 katie424

katie424
            • 36 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sherric80
              FYI Everyone -
              I just went to change my name on my driver's license and couldn't!!! Apparently in Colorado you must have a COUNTY issued marriage license in order to change your name on your DL. Of course we only have our marriage license from Jamaica (which is legal), but they wouldn't accept it. Now we have to go to our local courthouse & get a marriage license which will have a different day on it than our wedding.

So, make sure you check with your local driver's license place before you leave for your wedding! If it is the same as Colorado you can just get a marriage license before you leave and then put your correct wedding date on it, sign it, return it to the courthouse to be registered after you get back & you won't have the mess I have!
              Thank you for this information! I live in Colorado too, so will definitely check out the requirements before we leave! Sorry for your troubles, but thanks for warning the rest of us! Good luck!

#197 SheriB

SheriB
              • 597 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:14 AM

What a great thread! Beaches Negril is now one of finalists thanks to all the great reviews and posts on this thread!

#198 SheriB

SheriB
                • 597 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

Beaches Turks & Caicos was one of my top picks but then I got looking at travelling from Western Canada - long and expensive!! Had to rule it out I think.

future mrs2010 - I can't wait to hear your review and see your pictures!

#199 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                  • 2,458 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SheriB
                    Beaches Turks & Caicos was one of my top picks but then I got looking at travelling from Western Canada - long and expensive!! Had to rule it out I think.
                    Beaches T&C was also one of my top choices. I especially liked it since it was somewhere that neither FI had ever been too, so this would kind of make it "our" place. I've been to Jamaica many times, including some trips with an ex-boyfriend which I'm sure FI would rather not think about, lol. But after a little research, we discovered there were no direct flights to T&C (at least from Chicago or MI, where most of our guests will be traveling from), and the airfare was much more expensive. I was ok with paying the additional cost but didn't want to burden our guests with that. So we decided Negril was a compromise :) Even though it wasn't my first choice, I still think we're going to have a great time!
                    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#200 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
                    • 361 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

T&C has the most amazing looking pools... but agreed, airfare was a challenge given 2 families in our party have 4 kids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users