• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#181 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

I am seeing lots of available rooms for the 4th - 8th and onward at Beaches Negril, only the lowest room category of the Deluxe rooms are sold out.

Sandy Bay is a little tighter but only the bottom two and top categories are sold out. The middle categories have lots of space still.

If your guests are planning on doing day passess you better make sure that your TA provides a head count to the GM and gets permission now. If the resort does get to cappacity they have the right to deny day passess as they want to keep the resort comfortable for the guests who paid full price to be there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bosi
    Your photographs are really beautiful Sherri,
    It gives me a lot of hope that my wedding will be just as nice.
    Did you do the preston bailey sunset collection or did you choose your own flowers? I know that its Martha Stewart now but your colors were really beautiful and striking.

Were there people surrounding you on the beach during your ceremony?

My main problem now is that both Beaches Negril and Sandy bay are sold out for most of their rooms on the days around my wedding date and my guests have to book elsewhere now, but Beaches charges people to come in. It's not their fault that there are no rooms, I just am not sure what to do now.

Finally, I am bringing in my photographer from Minnesota. He is fantastic and he only charged me for the cost of travel and board and $200 for supplies!!. If anyone wants to use him in January (he says he may be there for another week or so after the wedding), let me know.
    You can email me for his info.

#182 sherric80

sherric80
    • 70 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bosi
      Your photographs are really beautiful Sherri,
      It gives me a lot of hope that my wedding will be just as nice.
      Did you do the preston bailey sunset collection or did you choose your own flowers? I know that its Martha Stewart now but your colors were really beautiful and striking.

Were there people surrounding you on the beach during your ceremony?

My main problem now is that both Beaches Negril and Sandy bay are sold out for most of their rooms on the days around my wedding date and my guests have to book elsewhere now, but Beaches charges people to come in. It's not their fault that there are no rooms, I just am not sure what to do now.

Finally, I am bringing in my photographer from Minnesota. He is fantastic and he only charged me for the cost of travel and board and $200 for supplies!!. If anyone wants to use him in January (he says he may be there for another week or so after the wedding), let me know.
      You can email me for his info.

I did use the PB Sunset Collection. It was absolutely beautiful! The colors were amazing & so vivid. The bridesmaid dress matched perfectly. It was a lucky find on those.

There was no one around us on the beach during our ceremony. There were 2 security guards on either side of us to keep people away & from walking between the arch & ocean. At one point there was even a boat playing music & someone waved them down to shut it off. I was worried about other people being around & in my pictures before the wedding but the staff was was on top of it. They made sure it was our special moment.
      Sherri

#183 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

[QUOTE=bosi;1047292]

QUOTE]

Beaches Turks and Caicos is filling up for our dates too and the basic and the middle rooms and the top rooms are selling out quickly! We told people to try and put a deposit back on them in March and April when the prices were right and to lock in the good rate and if they decided they couldnt go they would get their money back. Now they are all getting a little moody with us bc the rooms are selling out and they are more pricey now!

#184 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
        • 361 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

Turks and Caicos is the prettiest Beaches I think :)

#185 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
          • 5,521 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich
            Turks and Caicos is the prettiest Beaches I think :)
            Yay!!! so excited!! Have you been

#186 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
            • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:41 AM

I am reading through the Beaches blog and NEED more posts!! I want to see all of the uploads, at this rate Ill be married and trying to post to see the photos!

#187 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
              • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:42 AM

I did a search of Amber's name and came up with stacks of complaints about her response time... guess we are all in it together. (she is personable when contactable...)

#188 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
                • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

My mom actually asked me a wedding question today, and I felt bad that I had to say that I would have an answer in a week or 2 because our WC does not return phone calls or emails....

#189 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
                  • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

Still super excited, tonight chrome "scallop shell bottle stoppers" arrived and Ive been assembling them in their little boxes (for the OOBs)... enjoying the process, though the FI thinks Im nutzo

#190 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
                    • 361 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

What does OOB stand for anyway? (did I say it right?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users