• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfedak View Post
Hey Everybody,

I just had my wedding at Beaches, Negril on November 8th and no worries mon, it was more than awesome!!!!
The ceremony was so beautiful, almost everybody cried. If you can get Shyam Moses to be the guitarist for your ceremony, I highly recommend him. He has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.
The decor was amazing, the food was fantastic! We loved our photographer Mikhail and our videographer Vevan. They were so so fun to work with and took lots of great photos.
Nakisha was our wedding coordinator and she was so great. She had lots of good ideas and made the day go super smoothly.
O'Ryan is part of the resort entertainment and DJ Bryan were fantastic!
The breakfast the next morning was delicious and much needed after a night of partying!!!!
We plan on going back soooon! We never wanted to leave Jamaica or Beaches, Negril!
If you want to see my pics, email me at rhondafedak@hotmail.com, and I will send you a few.

Cheers!
RFEDAK
Thanks for your info. I am sending you a personal email with some other questions! Appreciate your insight and review already.
K

So I've booked my wedding for March 14, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. I'm getting really excited because a few guests have booked already as well. My save the date postcards come in on Monday, and I'm getting them sent out right away.

The date seems so far away! I encourage any of you ladies who have already been there to post links to more pictures of their Beaches vacation/wedding when you get them so I can live vicariously through you until it's my turn! :)

I have been Mrs. Burns for 3 whole months now! I have finally got everything changed over into my new last name. I finally had to go to our clerk & recorder & get another marriage license to change my driver's license name. What a racket! The State of Colorado is one on the few states that require a COUNTY marriage license to change your name. They just want the revenue. Of course my passport & SS Card were changed with my Jamaica marriage license which made things very confusing.

You don't realize how many things you have to change until you start. I thought I was done & then went to the library....of course I had forgot to change my name there & then took the dog to the vet....! My advise is to make a list of EVERYTHING that has your name on it so you can just start checking things off as you go.

I added some more pictures to my website for everyone to see. There are pics from the resort and family members. I know how important seeing things are when you are trying to plan such a big day.

I cannot upload my video. I have tried and tried, but when I view it there is nothing there. The CD has several files on it & that may be the reason I can't view it. I will keep working on it. The only thing I can say about having a video is make sure someone takes a video even if you don't use the resort. You can never have that day back, memories fade, and with a video you will always be able to relive the moment. Pictures & video are a must!

http://beachesnegrilwedding.shutterfly.com

password: jamaica

We purchased the DVD from the resort. We did the Sea Pearl Deluxe Video & the Tropical Passion photo package. We bought all of our pictures (over 300) for an additional price. We bargained with them on the price of the additional photos. I think that ended up being about $1,000. They tried to get us to buy them all at $4,000, but we said we would pay no more than $1,000 so they gave them to us with all the rights.

The video is about 1 hour long, which is longer than they say it will be. They came to the room & filmed me getting ready, the ceremony, us signing the license, hugging everyone, a walk down the beach, and the whole reception. They used the music that we brought so it was more personal.

Then there is another section that has a photo slideshow of the photo's we picked for the album. The slideshow was really nice at our at home reception. People loved seeing the ceremony as well as some of our pictures.

The DVD is very nicely put together. It has a menu screen & everything is done to music. Vevan was our videographer & was fantastic. Watching it makes you feel all romantic again!

I am still working on getting it viewable online. I am not the most savy audio visual person so my patience is wearing thin! If anyone else was able to post their video on shutterfly please let me know how!

I have also been trying to get my digital photo album made & there are too many great features in photoshop!

Sherri