Beaches Negril Brides - Post here!!

Jennifer

if you are still seeing rooms at beaches negril between the 4th and 8th of jan, pls let me know and I'll send the rest of my guests to you.She is also saying now that there are no rooms at sandybay anymore.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriB View Post
Beaches Turks & Caicos was one of my top picks but then I got looking at travelling from Western Canada - long and expensive!! Had to rule it out I think.

future mrs2010 - I can't wait to hear your review and see your pictures!
I will def be posting my planning journal before we go! And tons of pics and a review when we return! Thanks!!

Hey Everybody,

I just had my wedding at Beaches, Negril on November 8th and no worries mon, it was more than awesome!!!!

The ceremony was so beautiful, almost everybody cried. If you can get Shyam Moses to be the guitarist for your ceremony, I highly recommend him. He has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.

The decor was amazing, the food was fantastic! We loved our photographer Mikhail and our videographer Vevan. They were so so fun to work with and took lots of great photos.

Nakisha was our wedding coordinator and she was so great. She had lots of good ideas and made the day go super smoothly.

O'Ryan is part of the resort entertainment and DJ Bryan were fantastic!

The breakfast the next morning was delicious and much needed after a night of partying!!!!

We plan on going back soooon! We never wanted to leave Jamaica or Beaches, Negril!

If you want to see my pics, email me at rhondafedak@hotmail.com, and I will send you a few.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfedak View Post
Hey Everybody,

I just had my wedding at Beaches, Negril on November 8th and no worries mon, it was more than awesome!!!!
The ceremony was so beautiful, almost everybody cried. If you can get Shyam Moses to be the guitarist for your ceremony, I highly recommend him. He has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.
The decor was amazing, the food was fantastic! We loved our photographer Mikhail and our videographer Vevan. They were so so fun to work with and took lots of great photos.
Nakisha was our wedding coordinator and she was so great. She had lots of good ideas and made the day go super smoothly.
O'Ryan is part of the resort entertainment and DJ Bryan were fantastic!
The breakfast the next morning was delicious and much needed after a night of partying!!!!
We plan on going back soooon! We never wanted to leave Jamaica or Beaches, Negril!
If you want to see my pics, email me at rhondafedak@hotmail.com, and I will send you a few.

Cheers!
CONGRATS!!!!

couple questions.
did you use their salon? Did you book it ahead of time?
Did you stick with the free reception or add a cocktail hour? (did you do this before hand or when you got there?
Did you use their videographer?

Im just wondering if I can wait to get to Turks to book everything else I want or do I really need to do it now like my WC wants me too!

I had pm'ed you but didn't hear back- I was avble to get a room open for your guests at Beaches Negril- don't know if it would still be available at this point but if you want it email me  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosi View Post
Jennifer
if you are still seeing rooms at beaches negril between the 4th and 8th of jan, pls let me know and I'll send the rest of my guests to you.She is also saying now that there are no rooms at sandybay anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by future_mrs2010 View Post
CONGRATS!!!!

couple questions.
did you use their salon? Did you book it ahead of time?
Did you stick with the free reception or add a cocktail hour? (did you do this before hand or when you got there?
Did you use their videographer?

Im just wondering if I can wait to get to Turks to book everything else I want or do I really need to do it now like my WC wants me too!

Hi,
So I did a trial for hair and makeup, the day before, at the salon, and I hated it. I ended up doing my own, and was way happier and more relaxed.
We did the 3 hour dinner reception and we booked it before hand. We also paid everyone to stay longer because were weren't finished partying yet.
We did use the photographer and 2 videographers! They were awesome! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Rhonda Collopy

Congrats again! I have a couple of questions... Did you have a rehersal dinner? If so how was it? Wanted to do it on the beach is that possible? I keep hearing about the biting fleas was that a problem? Did you go with your own flowers or the Martha Stewart? Is there any way to see your video with the guitarist it sounds beuatiful! I'm debating over the 2hr dinner and adding an hr for dancing or doing the 3hr. Where did your wedding and reception take place? Sorry so many questions,would love to here your thoughts,thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie H View Post
Congrats again! I have a couple of questions... Did you have a rehersal dinner? If so how was it? Wanted to do it on the beach is that possible? I keep hearing about the biting fleas was that a problem? Did you go with your own flowers or the Martha Stewart? Is there any way to see your video with the guitarist it sounds beuatiful! I'm debating over the 2hr dinner and adding an hr for dancing or doing the 3hr. Where did your wedding and reception take place? Sorry so many questions,would love to here your thoughts,thanks.

We did have a rehearsal dinner, it was supposed to be on the beach under one of the huts, but it got rained out, so we had it in a corner of the restaurant. I couldn't complain, because there were people's actual weddings getting rained out that night, and I felt really badly for them. They do there best to accomodate for this though.

Sand fleas there are a problem if you react to them. One of my bridesmaids did, but she was the only one. I had a couple tiny bites, but her bites swelled up huge. They usually come out after a large rain. She took Benadryl and put corisone cream on them. I highly recommend bringing both to any Carribean location, as well as a broad spectrum antibiotic.

The flowers and arch we used were from the upgraded floral decor package sent to me by the resort. I can show you if you email me at rhondafedak@hotmail.com or add me on facebook- Rhonda James Collopy, I think I am the only one.

We just viewed our video, and are getting some revisions. You might be able to hear his songs on his website though...SHYAM MOSES - SHYAM - Home. Or download his music from limewire. He is really really good.

Our wedding took place on the beach, and the same with our reception dinner. We did the 3 hour dinner, and the food was awesome, we had alot of speaches so we ended up keeping the place for another hour to party a bit more. Then we proceeded to liquid night club at the resort. It was really fun!

The best advice I can give to anyone is to try and enjoy your day. If something isn't exactly perfect, unless its really bad, to try and laugh it off and enjoy anyways. You get one first wedding and they really do their best to make it great, but its even better if you have a good attitude.

I am happy to field all questions and for anyone to email me about pics or add me to facebook to check out my photos.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfedak View Post
Hi,
So I did a trial for hair and makeup, the day before, at the salon, and I hated it. I ended up doing my own, and was way happier and more relaxed.
We did the 3 hour dinner reception and we booked it before hand. We also paid everyone to stay longer because were weren't finished partying yet.
We did use the photographer and 2 videographers! They were awesome! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Rhonda Collopy
Oh no! That is not good if you hated the hair! That actually freaks me out!! Did you have pictures to show them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by future_mrs2010 View Post
Oh no! That is not good if you hated the hair! That actually freaks me out!! Did you have pictures to show them??
It probably would have went better if I had. I knew in my head what I basically wanted, and honestly, she would have tried and tried, but I can't sit in a salon for that long, I get impatient, and she was pretty slow because she was busy chatting to her coworkers, and I just found the entire experience annoying and not relaxing.

I am realllly picky about hair though. One of my best friends is a hairstylist and she is super good, and understands me and my hair perfectly. Its difficult to go to someone new right before a big day, and my friend couldn't come because of family commitments.

I recommend going with a very good idea of what you want and being very firm about it. Also, bring a plan B along, and know how to do your own hair just in case you don't like what they do to you.

The salon did my bridesmaids hair and there updos look quite nice!