Photo

Riu Negril or the Grand Palladium Jamaica??

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Squirly

Squirly
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

hey,

Ok so we are getting married Feb 2010 and I've been able to narrow down my choices to either the Riu Negril, the Riu Palace Tropical Bay or the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa. Since the packages aren't out for a few more months I don't have much to go on so I'm wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions, comments or thoughts on these resorts that might help me out. If you guys are willing to share any pics that woudl be great too :).

My other debate is I'm still depating between Negril or Montego Bay. Originally I really wanted to go to Ocho Rios but we decided we didn't want to make our guests travel another 2 hours to get there from the airport. Any opinions??

thanks guys

#2 Deavah

Deavah
    • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hi, I'm getting married in Feb 2010 at Riu Palace Tropical Bay. And I too am waiting for info that isn't available until March 2009. I checked the pics from Trip Advisory.com and the hotel appears to be beautiful. I've been to Riu Cancun (not the palace) and the hotel was very nice. The Palace is an upgrade from the Riu so it should be great... The pics were nice. You should check them out.

#3 Deavah

Deavah
      • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

I wanted to marry at the Grand Palladium, but my children aren't 16 years of age.. Bummer...

#4 Deavah

Deavah
        • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Let's keep each other informed.

#5 jgporter

jgporter
          • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

Hey Deavah...
            I'm getting married at the Grand Palladium Jamaica and my son is only 2....Why is your children not being 16 a problem...My travel agent says its a family resort....Do you know something i don't...
            Please let me know
            Thanks
            Jenn

#6 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Deavah
              I wanted to marry at the Grand Palladium, but my children aren't 16 years of age.. Bummer...
              I'm getting married at the Grand Palladium and they definitely allow children. Here's some of the kids' activities: FIESTA HOTEL GROUP

#7 Squirly

Squirly
              • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I must agree when I looked at resorts I made sure they allowed children especially that I will have a gf there with a baby under 1, you may want to double check that if you want to go to the Grand Palladium.

I received a few pics from the WC at the Riu negril which I attached for you girls (let me know if there are problems opening it), the gazibo looks beutiful just can't tell where the guests woudl sit to see us :) It really is too bad that they don't offer any details till March guess thats the price we pay for trying to plan ahead

Attached Files

#8 AnnaC

AnnaC
                • 91 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

Maybe you're thinking of the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton which has age restrictions. The other part of the resort does not.

#9 Deavah

Deavah
                  • 37 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

Hi Ladies,
                    You are correct. Thank you all for bringing that to my attention. I'm searching now.

#10 Deavah

Deavah
                    • 37 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Question, how do you get the ticker thingies and a signature?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users